Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning folks.....hope everyone has a good day :)
Sunny but a band of very heavy rain is on its way......looks like we are in for a deluge this afternoon. Got lots of delphiniums, lupins etc in flower so I hope they wont be damaged (n)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning @Verdun , we're in for the same lot as you, have you got a weather warning too?
Think we could be in for some battered plants, taking some pics now .....just in case!:eek:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, a weather warning. :(
Yet it is so quiet, warm and gentle out there right now so bit of a shock to come(n)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi @Logan, yes thanks for asking, my foot is absolutely fine now. As I said, I don't normally suffer with them , I am putting it down to the extreme heat we had, being busy with the garden and family celebrations and having two feet that have both undergone surgery in recent years.
I've learnt from this that I can't do what I use to do.......and will have to pace myself better, ignoring my head and listening to my body:D:D

You will be in the same situation soon too, your mind will be willing you to get out into your garden, but your body will being saying ' no, slow down':D......so slow down!!! (y)

We have been washing windows most of the morning, I didn't get anymore planting done as I wouldn't leave hubs up a ladder on his own:eek:

Had to come in now as the rain has arrived......glad to see that @Verdun hasn't nabbed it all!:D:ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
It's stopped now,:eek:...... that was short but sweet!! Think we are in for some more this evening.... fingers crossed:)

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Good morning to all!

@Upsy Daisy, I am doing well, and how are you?
@Logan, I am glad you will be getting your cast off soon. (y)

@MaryMary if your children do as you did, what would you say to them? I bet clandestine reading has been highly formative for you.. You're so well read. I really wish I were like that.

alp, I didn't have children, but if - I would have had to take away the flashlight and told them they had school tomorrow, same as what happened with me!! :LOL: I had a slight advantage, Mom was a teacher, and taught me to love learning. :love: Oddly, (...or maybe not...
upload_2017-5-28_9-55-17.gif
) I learned to love teaching, too.

Really, all most people lack is motivation. I have met very few people incapable of learning, and most of them had a listening problem. :cautious: :rolleyes:

There's an easy answer to wishing you were more well read, alp!! READ!! :D You have a computer, you seem to have the desire... do it! ;) Pick a subject, google, and read! When you get tired of reading, YouTube has many thousands of teaching videos and documentaries. I daresay you could learn anything you wanted from the comfort of your living room. (Or wherever your computer is. :unsure: ) You have the desire and the ability. You need more motivation. (y)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@MaryMary You write like our @Upsy Daisy .. Funny and motherly-like .. I do read, but often fall asleep .. I was trying to read the original Silas Marner as I love the story and I promptly fell asleep. I read music theory and fell into a deep slumber.. Read Great expectations, no prize guessing what happens. :p

Went out and saw tons of slugs climbing up plants and I did not removals. I'm dreading as I might wake up tomorrow to nothing but stalks. Must be the rain sending them all out to hunt for food. 20 minutes of rain and that's my lot. I'm praying for rain as it is a rare commodity in Essex, especially where I live. 4 water butts already gone

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there @alp , how are you doing ?

What have you been up to?

I guess you've had rain too:D

I love to read, but if I find that I fall asleep then I know that the book is not right for me :D. I've registered at our County Library to borrow ebooks which I find is a brilliant way to read , you can borrow or return 'books' any day......I borrowed a book Christmas Day even:). The best bit is that if ,after reading the first chapter, I find I don't really like the book I can return it straight away and try another one(y).

Almost finished the planting out now just a few left to find a home for:D. Then all that's left is to wait for the slugs..:eek::eek:. After nurturing them from seed I'll be very upset to loose even one:cry::cry:.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Listen out, @Upsy Daisy there might be a slug fest tonight, thanks to the weather and the rain.. I have sent 6 of them to meet their makers. Not nice, but some of my newly planted petunias are stalks only now.:eek:

Bought some bargains.

Ask a Question