Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Haha! That's happened to me. I literally had myself in the photo caught by a cunning mirror. Thank heavens that I removed it very quickly. Shame I missed that.

IMGA0019.JPG

From my old camera, but this is a flower opening just this morning.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Wondered how @alp was able to see into the future..:D:ROFLMAO:,thought she must have had a vision that @johnny canoe was going to post a pic of his gorgeous hanging baskets:).

Well we are having on and off rain showers today, so decided on a housework day.... mainly tackling no.1 son's bedroom while he's away.:eek:

Just taken my sister to Asda......quite impressed with their wicker hanging baskets all planted up with summer bedding...£5 for smaller ones and £10 for the larger size (y)(y). thanks

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
:sneaky: Did you actually kill them, or just ask them to move along? :ROFLMAO:

Shame I don't have @johnny canoe 's humor. Execution without reflection. I have 1/3 of my newly planted petunia made skeletal by these critters. They can't die soon enough.

A streptocarpus Blue Leyla
SAM_0298.JPG

First lilies
SAM_0302.JPG

The back of Wild Swan - love the stripes on the back
SAM_0303.JPG

Love this lilac delphinium

SAM_0306.JPG
SAM_0307.JPG
SAM_0308.JPG

The only 2 blue irises I have left.
SAM_0310.JPG

Frilly edged oriental poppies
SAM_0304.JPG
SAM_0305.JPG

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I know what you mean, @Logan A lot of stalks to compost. But this year, I want to see if they will rebloom again.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Do they :eek:!!!!!!!!, we get overrun by them so I keep pulling them up.I just thought ( well....until now(y) ) that they are lovely for a short while then hang around looking a complete mess.....will now think again and give a reprieve to the few left:D. Thanks @Logan :).

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
You're quite right, just like @johnny canoe , your tulips are in lovely form. Are they gorgeous. Much more interesting than daffs. Hope they look OK after the storm. @Larisa

Ask a Question