Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning @ Verdun

@Logan Hang in there - 2 more days you will be freer.. Give our love to your OH!

@Upsy Daisy It's all worth collecting your own seeds as they will surely germinate. They are that good. Today, I really need to queue up in the post office. Not yesterday! :eek::LOL:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Agree @alp, have harvested my own for years now. Only thing is my Petunias last year have now become a washed out colour so will need some fresh stock this year to get some vibrant shades going again(y)

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@Upsy Daisy & @Verdun thanks :) No i don't take them to the vets, unless he was really bad. He's getting better now, he's more settled. I'll increase his food now. Dogs are silly they just keep eating,even though they'll bring it back up.:)
@alp those raised beds look great, my roses not in flower yet. Great pics as always.:):D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
You probably can grow this Cistus. It likes hot weather and drought. (don't know about the humidity though)
Yes I bet I can, in fact I think a friend is growing that here. I love it! And yes, we have a lot of hibiscus here that grows.
tbendl, that's beautiful! I love the way the red focal plant picks up the light from all four directions. :love: (What kind of plant is it?) I like the koi, too. Do you feed them vegetables?
Thanks MaryMary.
said the cars were so small, just like toy cars
And Alp, even more of a reason, I love the tiny cars, I had a mini cooper forever. I also love British television and tea so I'm good right? Lol :LOL:
The red plant is a ti leaf. I think it's called a cordyline. I have 2 of them growing in pots. I love them. They usually die in the winter but they've come back every year so far.
My fish are actually a type of goldfish called a Shubunkin. They look like Koi but don't get as large. I feed them fish food, although I've heard they love peas and water melon. Lol

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@tbendl Should have gone for a Brit .. :p:D. I love tea as well, but the quality of the teabags has so disappointed me that I now prefer warm water. No pointing wasting good money on drinking dust.

Cordyline is so lovely .They are quite susceptible to cold. I had one and the cold killed most of it. I buried part of it as I loved the idea of its purifying the air. I live near a busy road. It is now alive and happy. Minis are lovely, but they are now built in either China or India. They enjoy a cult status. It's a good idea not to have Koi as they are huge and I could hear they flap in my neighbour's pond. They fished them up :eek:and laughed and put them back. That's my neighbour for you. I wanted to be your fish if you fed me watermelon.. Yummy...:LOL::ROFLMAO:;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@tbendl Should have gone for a Brit ..
LOL You're right, I should have. Teeheehee
Cordyline is so lovely .They are quite susceptible to cold. I had one and the cold killed most of it.
Yes, I got lucky the first winter but now I bring them into my sun room for winter and tuck them in and tell them bedtime stories. :sleep:
They fished them up :eek:and laughed and put them back. That's my neighbour for you
That sounds cruel. Why would they do that? :mad:
I wanted to be your fish if you fed me watermelon..
Right! If I could be fed watermelon all day while I swam around I'd be in!!! :):D:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
@Larisa do you get any fruit from your quince and what do you do with it?

This quince gives a lot of fruit. But they are different from sweet southern fruits. The fruits are slightly acidic, but very fragrant. Therefore, I do not use it as an independent dish. But I use it as an additive for something else.:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Some May pics from me
DSCF4296.JPG
DSCF4480.JPG
DSCF4298.JPG
DSCF4299.JPG
DSCF4300.JPG
DSCF4302.JPG
DSCF4305.JPG
DSCF4306.JPG
DSCF4307.JPG
DSCF4308.JPG
DSCF4310.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks @tbendl :) , I've just finished planting out the summer bedding , so will post next lot at the end of June (y).....that is if the slugs leave any to photograph :eek::(

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
@Larisa .....I'm terrible with names :oops:, I've posted 22 flower pics..so tell me the number then I (hopefully ) can answer you (y)

Last edited:

Ask a Question