Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
DSCF4302.JPG :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Aah that's what it is called.....I was going to ask if anyone could name it for me , thanks @Larisa:)(y) . Don't think it has a scent ,but will check tomorrow and let you know.

I am so envious of you all.......recognising and naming all these plants:). I do try to remember, but my brain fails to:D:ROFLMAO:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Wow! @Upsy Daisy You've such a lovely and varied garden - so many lovely flowers, flowering shrubs and the different kinds of fruit trees are just amazing. You have figs, grapes, plums, apples, pears .. Jaw-dropping looking at your garden. Must be years of labour of love. What a nice way it is for me to wake up to such beautiful pictures of so many beautiful things in your garden! Can we come for a fruit sampling day???

Good morning to all our friends ... It's a bit cool here yesterday. Today could be a scorcher! Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
Good morning to you Alp. It's 10:30pm and I just stopped working for the day. I'm beat, had an emergency customer to help. An elderly lady down the street slammed the car door on her thumb and she is also getting ready for eye surgery. She called needing me to do all her flower planting and such. So I was grateful my regular customers were understanding and have insisted that I help her right away and they are happy to wait a couple more days.

Alp, your flower pictures are wonderful to see and I like you new raised beds.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all ,thanks for your lovely comments:)
We've be here 35 years now, but the garden has been altered several times over during this time........we can never make our minds up:D

In a rush, so can't chat, have Drs app at 8:40.....got to get a move on.

Have a Wonderful Wednesday ( have to think of some new words):D.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Upsy Daisy Hope everything goes well with your appointment. Your photos have brought many, many smiles onto my face:D:LOL::ROFLMAO::p. Dont' fiddle any more. Everything is there and your garden is gorgeous. WE just need to see more of it.

@johnny canoe Glad that you've helped this lady. That's why people go to church as there are indeed some very kind people helping others out, like yourself.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi just got back.

Have had a small lump in my lower leg for awhile , though it might have been a Baker's Cyst as had that once before in the other leg ( after ruling out Thrombosis). But as my foot swelled last week thought the time had come to check in out. Diagnosis was that it looks like Thrombophlebitis.and am on antibiotics and an anti-coagulant preparation, until next week when I have to see Dr again.

Just googled it for causes..... overweight ....no, not moving around enough or been on long haul flights....no, oh well just down to luck then:D:ROFLMAO:.

Best get out and moving in the garden then.......catch up later.....if your not a bit bored now of my pics then I might have a few more to post this evening;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Don't know @Logan ,the leg that has the clot wasn't the one that was operated on recently. To be honest, even after this last lot of surgery I never rested up as much as I was told to.

We always walk alot, spend alot of time in the garden and am always on the' go' when at work with the children. I usually sit down about 8 ish in the evening. Apparently another link can be an inherited one, and although the Dr did check today and I was fine, the link could be that my mum suffered from varicose veins and had to have treatment on them when she was in her late 30s......so who knows really, maybe just unfortunate:(.
Never mind ,a lot worse things to have, so I consider myself lucky in life:)(y)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Sad to hear that you have more healthy problem, @Upsy Daisy . Glad that you take it on its chin. Really get to know you more and like you a lot. In the new year, I was asking myself who this cheeky flower person was ... asking me to include her in happy new year wishes. .. Wish I had known you earlier. You really cheer us all up whilst all the time it's you who need to be cheered up. Lots of Love and Best Wishes .. from us all.

Had to come in as the heat has been stifling. Just planted all the sweetcorns up and some irises underneath. One tray of sweetcorns literally floating inside a tray of water inside a bag as the night temperature was so cold. That's what happens when you have so many things going on.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
These have been captured using my panasonic camcorder.. You might see some repeats, but I do want to find out which camera is better as I have found out that the Samsung has colour problems with red.

A pastely poppy
IMGA0042.JPG

Campanula
IMGA0043.JPG
IMGA0044.JPG

Trollius Chinensis
IMGA0046.JPG

IMGA0045.JPG

Ask a Question