Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@alp I can't wait either:D
Just harvested my first cucumber yesterday,they don't grow very long ,but it's just right for us.
IMG_20170527_072559.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wet morning so no walk to the beach. But garden looks refreshed and rain was needed :)
Drying up now ;)
Take care of yourself alp.....look after those legs
Cucumber looks delicious logan (y)
I have a couple of zaluzianskyas in pots.....one by side door. The scent after dark is wonderful. Take it indoors overnight to fill a room with delight :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Morning everyone, how are you all:(

Love your garden ( yard(y)) @tbendl .. beautiful, my dad has two large ponds with waterfalls.....soooooooo relaxing!

Dear @alp ....thanks for the link, very informative :). Thankfully it was no way as bad as the foot shown in the clip:eek:. The only other time I had swollen feet ( apart from after the two surgeries) was when I was pregnant with my youngest......it was a particularly hot
summer and he was an August baby, so it was to be expected really
I think it's probably down to the heat and having had a really busy week, esp on Wednesday, didn't really get to do down all day and.......maybe.....tad too much gardening in the heat:oops:. I know I was warned!!!:(. Strangely though the foot that had the recent surgery looks OK. ( ish:D).Having a check up at the Drs on Tuesday so will mention it(y).

Exciting times ahead @Logan ......bet you can't wait, how you managed in this heat amazes me...you should be awarded a medal for endurance (y):)

That's a good one @MaryMary (y). Yes pics at the end of the month..... posted some last month....if you fancy peep, mind you have to search back a bit.....so perhaps not worth the effort :D:ROFLMAO:

Have a Soothing Saturday (y)(y)

Last edited:

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
@MaryMary be careful of your eyes when you go to bed late. Going to bed late must be wired in your genetics! LOL!:D:p

:ROFLMAO: One night when I was about 7 years old, my mother discovered that the emergency flashlight was missing from on top of the refrigerator. This was a thing that must not ever happen...because... :eek: what if there were an emergency ? :eek: What if the power went out, and there was no flashlight? She knew, it had to be one of the children.:cautious: She checked my two older siblings first, but eventually found me, hiding under my blanket, reading by the light of the emergency flashlight !!

What was she doing up at 2 am? :cautious:
(What else? Making sure there were no emergencies! :ROFLMAO: )

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
You snuck in there didn't you @Verdun ..... thought I wouldn't notice!

Hope you are keeping well, down there in my favourite part of the country:)

We look as if we have rain coming today as it's overcast and a bit grey out there but still very muggy .It was originally supposed to rain tomorrow..... perhaps we'll be greedy have get two days worth:D.
We had alot of lightning at about 3am...woke up as we don't draw the blind down, never heard any thunder though.

Sadly it's me with the funny foot, hope @alp isn't suffering from the same.:(

Tell me please will my Cosmos stand up to the rain, as they look so delicate and have only just been planted out...... should I stake them as a precautionary measure? First time I've grown them from seed and would be soooooooo upset if they took a battering from the rain, think we are in for a lot as they have issued a weather warning for our area.:eek::eek:

Have a good weekend @Verdun (y)

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
@Verdun . Thanks.
@Upsy Daisy . If you can, I'd tie them up. They do have feathery leaves,so not a lot of damage. We've had our rain, very humid now. I was getting a bit hot. We have to close the curtains.
We had a weather warning, but it wasn't as bad.
:)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@MaryMary You sound like an interesting character. Love your thread about fun facts in life .. too cerebral for me .. Wish I had read more. Are you short-sighted then. If so, make sure you draw a pair of glasses for your avatar! :D:eek::LOL::ROFLMAO:;) so that we get a better picture of what you look like! :ROFLMAO:

@Upsy Daisy It's not only you who have bad legs... you know! Haha.. I know - didn't expect the swollen legs to take such prominence on the page! Pretty disgusting.. Hope someone can keep my bad legs..

Everybody else has had rain, except me. 2 inches in the butts and that's my luck. I am already 3 butts gone. Thankfully the winds helps dispel the foul air from neighbours and this has made it so much more bearable..

Some more photos

SAM_0282.JPG

What a photogenic flower, but it was too bright when I took it.

SAM_0286.JPG

A lovely salvia could be caradonna

A sexy iris with a deeper coloured top, not translucent though and is more violety than chocolatey.

SAM_0288.JPG

SAM_0289.JPG

Very pleased with this wilko iris and they are very big blooms.

So excited that I can capture the sheen, the velvety sexiness of the clematis.
SAM_0294.JPG

The sheen is just amazing.

Wonderful delphinium which I bought as bargain buys from B&Q last year. Very big and pretty!
SAM_0291.JPG
SAM_0293.JPG
SAM_0296.JPG

Can't wait for the others to open. They are in a very dry area but they seem to enjoy it.

Share yours .. Let's see your pride and prejudice ..

Attachments

• SAM_0295.JPG
    SAM_0295.JPG
    248.9 KB · Views: 128
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Upsy, if you have pinched your cosmos back...ideally at least a couple of times.......they will stand up well to the elements.:) You can stake them but it doesnt do much for their "bushyness"
Mine are mostly still in pots......been repotted and pinched back 3 or 4 times.....and will be planted out from 2 or 3 litre pots as bushy specimens. I also remove all the buds. Slight delay in flowering but sturdy and very floriferous plants ;)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Arab Emirates
argh
My sunflower drooped a little bit a few days ago and began dropping its yellow petals. Its leaves are showing black spots too. Poor thing, it's so young. I wish I could help it recover. :cry:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Klona Don't cry. Only plastic flowers will last forever. You have had quite a few days of pleasure, so don't cry..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Wish I had your cucumber though. Make sure you put it in the fridge before consumption. It will be doubly juicy and sweet. My son's favorite.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Arab Emirates
@Klona Don't cry. Only plastic flowers will last forever. You have had quite a few days of pleasure, so don't cry..

But it's still young and hasn't produced any seeds. Don't know if I'm not watering it properly or if it doesn't like the spot its in. I feel like something is amiss.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Klona never a sunflower fan, so can't really help. Maybe Verdun or Logan can help. Or even @Chuck who's very knowledgeable.

I always put cucumber in the fridge. Lovely.

To all those who have time, please watch Philomena - a moving story!

Ask a Question