Our gardening diaries - from latest toys, flowers to wildlife .. Please upload pics

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
On Thursday, we can see some of yours .. Or probably Friday. Too hot to do any gardening. Washed 2 duvets.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@alp your photos are wonderful and all the flowers are just gorgeous. I "mostly" finished planting the flowers yesterday around the side of the pond. I'm pretty happy with how it came out.
2017-05-26 06.56.31.jpg
2017-05-26 06.56.50.jpg
2017-05-26 06.57.27.jpg
2017-05-26 06.58.01.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you for the kind comments.

@tbendl awww... It's lovely! The plants blend in very naturally and look at the koi.. Just so relaxing. and so calming. I wish I could weave a wand and conjure up a pond like this.. It enhances the value of the house and the quality of life. Wonderful thing is that the waterfall is gentle and soothing, just as it should be. In some places, you wish you could turn the feature off. Love to enjoy your plants close up. Love the siberica iris the blue ones with lovely veins. I don't think I have the condition for them. My garden is an oven in Essex! LOL!

The heat today have brought everything on. Princess Diana clematis, sparaxis and a massive amount of cistus.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Alp I would love to visit. I have been watching a lot of British TV and I love all the foliage and flowers you are able to grow there. What kind of temperatures do you deal with there?
We range from mid 30C to 40C during the summer with usually around 85% humidity so I get the "oven" as well.
And yes, it took me awhile to get the waterfall to sound right, I didn't want it to overwhelm the yard, I wanted it to just be in the background. I never planned on building this pond but had a hole in my backyard when I bought the house so I just went with it. I am so in love with my yard now. Still a lot of work to do but that is most of the fun.
I'm wondering since we are close in hardiness zone if I can't try to add some of your lovely flowers into my yard.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@tbendl You must come to visit and you will be surprised by how small everything is. My brother who studied in Carolina came here and said the cars were so small, just like toy cars. Temperature can vary a bit. For me, winter can be -3 or 5 to 12C and summer can be 20 to 36C. Usually rain in winter and the rain usually comes from the SW, by the wind the rain reaches it, it diminishes to nearly nothing. Good idea to put a pond in the hole. LOL! You probably can grow this Cistus. It likes hot weather and drought. (don't know about the humidity though)
SAM_0215.JPG

They certainly love the heat.
Hibiscus should be nice and it is a perennial

SAM_0218.JPG

SAM_0219.JPG

The colour management isn't so good

This could be a niobe
SAM_0223.JPG

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I kept falling asleep. Watch 4 episodes of Chelsea FS and now Philomena, written by Martin Sixsmith. I wish it was 10pm so that I could go to bed. I had 3 meals from a slow cooker.. potatoes, and beans and chicken.

For some reasons, I just feel very tired. Wonder how @Upsy Daisy has all that energy.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
It could be the heat.dogs find it hot.OH has lost some weight from doing all the walks. When i do them i don't lose a lot. I always struggle. Well it's nearly 10pm.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all:D

@alp I may have the energy but my body is not willing:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

For some reason my other foot, which had surgery 6yrs ago, has decided to swell up:eek: Don't know why as I never suffer with swollen feet normally, except for the first 6mths after surgery.........at least I now have a matching pair:D:ROFLMAO::D I think it's come out in sympathy with the one that had surgery in December :D:D

Visited my sister this morning , after,,,dare I say it...doing a spot more ironing;), Sat in the garden having lunch and just couldn't resist planting some more plants, then planted out my two urn planters that go either side of my front door. Took some pics, as we are in for rain and maybe thunder on Sunday and I have a feeling that some plants may get battered down if the rain turns heavy. After dinner I finished off a couple of small hanging baskets and came in about 8:30.

Will post some pics soon as I transfer them at the end of each month to my garden diary on my laptop(y)

I'm off to raise my feet up , hopefully they will go down a bit:)

Sleep well all.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Good morning to all! :)

Morning, @Logan! :) You're up early, and I'm up late! :LOL: It's 1:35 am here, and you're waking up at about 5 am?

I'm pretty happy with how it came out.

tbendl, that's beautiful! I love the way the red focal plant picks up the light from all four directions. :love: (What kind of plant is it?) I like the koi, too. Do you feed them vegetables?

I transfer them at the end of each month to my garden diary on my laptop(y)

:sneaky: Then we should expect pictures at the end of each month?

Hope you have a Satisfying Saturday!! (Has that one been done? :unsure: )

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning all! @Upsy Daisy Just love your vivaciousness! How do you manage to keep being so cheerful despite your health problems, princess? :ROFLMAO:;)

Digress a bit

Swollen legs
The medical term for leg swelling from excessive fluid in the tissues is peripheral edema. ... Common causes of leg swelling include salt retention, cellulitis, congestive heart failure, venous insufficiency, pregnancy, and medication side effects.

Have a google, @Upsy Daisy Sorry that you have more health issue. My main issue is that I keep falling asleep.. probably the effect of Chelsea Flower Show.. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

@MaryMary be careful of your eyes when you go to bed late. Going to bed late must be wired in your genetics! LOL!:D:p I agree with you that @tbendl 's pond is very beautiful, especially that red plant which reflects beautifully on the pond.

@Logan Can't wait till Thursday .. ;)

Ask a Question