Onion sprouts wilting help

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all I new to this forum. I realized I have little experience growing indoors and have been having a problem with my mini indoor garden sproutlings. I have had cilantro, tomatos and onions sprout in my closet but they end up wilting after a while. They are under enough artificial light to grow nice and strait but something always makes them appear sad 2 weeks after growing a bit in some miracle grow.
They are in 70°-80° temp range. Watered everyday till their pot is all wet and under 24/7 lights. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 15091400106712106141820.jpg
    15091400106712106141820.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
It is environmental. The basic seed has a suprising amount of energy, but the 2 week period is a clue, because I see that timeframe in a variety of plants unhappy with where they are sprouting. You are growing full sun plants and they hate shade. What lumen level are yours living under? Its sounds ok. Also, oxygen is a prime nutrient and it sounds like you are suffocating them with water. Could you breathe through the dirt you have them in if it were in some wearable filter? Perhaps change your setup to a wicking mat upon which you set containers rather than direct water? This would be a raised row idea in its design.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a 120 watt led about 2 feet from plants and 3 leds spread out around 2ftsq. Area hovering about 5 in. From plants. Even so my cilantro plants that wilted and died seemed to be leggy. Could it be that I do not have enough lights? As of late I've started feeling for soil moisture and only water when the soil is nearing being dry about 1in. From surface.

Ask a Question