Oddest pumpkins

Reaction score
Country
United States
Have noticed for the past two years now, that the pumpkins that I have planted from seed have turned out in quite a mutant look. No typical vertical lines like a pumpkin normally has. Colors off, shape is extremely odd. I’ve noticed this mostly last year, with some of the pumpkins looking a little interesting this year, but I did manage to get a few pie pumpkins out of the garden. The years before we probably had at least two dozen pumpkins easily, all of the normal shape, color, appearance. Just wondering if anybody has seen any oddities with seeds bought from the various typical Fleet Farm, Menards, at least for the Midwestern area of the states.
The only catch to that is, I started a lot of the seeds and doors since we were having such an interesting spring time, and I had a few squash plants from the nursery. So it’s not all just seeds from the box store . And some of the seeds I had were a mixture of Decent looking seeds from two years ago. All of them sprouted that I planted though otherwise I would say the seeds were bad.
I have been looking at some of the seed catalogs for a couple years, but never had too much of an issue with items in the garden except for the pumpkins. But this might be the final straw to try and get some actual pumpkins back in the garden.

Thought overall ?
Thanks

Ask a Question