Yellowing and browning pumpkins leaves

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Hello everyone!

I am A Very New Gardener (started this year). I grew some pumpkins from seed and planted them. They were going swimmingly until I noticed they were getting pale. The leaves have paled, some have gone brown at the tip... I have no idea what is it, it shouldn't be mildew I do not spray to irrigate (I drop irrigate directly to the stem) and we are in the middle of the biggest drought of the last 200 years here...
IMG20220626192000.jpg
IMG20220626192909.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
It looks like you need to give the plants more water, more than you think that they need. Water very slowly and deeply. Also it appears that the plant could use a little fertilizer

Reaction score
Country
Italy
It looks like you need to give the plants more water, more than you think that they need. Water very slowly and deeply. Also it appears that the plant could use a little fertilizer

Fantastic!!! I already gave them fertilizer I will up the water. How long to see them perk up? To understand if I am doing it right ...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Fantastic!!! I already gave them fertilizer I will up the water. How long to see them perk up? To understand if I am doing it right ...
The yellowing of the middle part of the leaves and the light green color is caused by a lack of nitrogen. You should see changes in about a week. You probably won't see any changes because of more water but you will not see browning and drying of the leaf edges. Once the plant is well watered wait until the soil is DRY about 2 inches deep before you water again.

Ask a Question