Need advice on Namibian Quivertree (Aloe)

Reaction score
Country
Namibia
Hi all!

First time poster from Namibia. I have two quiver trees in pots and one is doing quite fine even if the leaves are pointing way from the ground and it's not as open as it once was. The other seems to have lost a lot of fluid in the leaves. They are extremely water sensitive so I might not be giving them enough water. As you can se the leaves are no longer particularly plump and have started to curve. It's worth noting that it is winter here in Namibia at the time, but again the other quiver tree is a lot fuller.

I'm quite new to the gardening thing and would love some feedback.

IMG_6787.JPG
IMG_6540.JPG

Twigs

Nature Hobbyist
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone8
Country
United States
Needs full sun. If you potted it, it needs good drainage. It could be reacting to the change in temperature if it is getting cooler there. Good luck with your Aloe!

Reaction score
Country
United States
The Kokerboom or Quiver Tree (Aloidendron dichotoma, formerly Aloe dichotomum), native to southern Namibia and northwestern South Africa, needs full sun and fast-draining soil with excellent drainage. In the wild it grows predominently in the Winter if/when rains come. In cultivation it may be watered year round, irrigating fully but infrequently. If in a container, let the soil mostly dry before the next irrigation. Besides container plants, I also grow a Kokerboom outdoors in California in a rocky raised bed. In that situation it recieves winter rains, be they light or heavy, and occasional Summer irrigation.

Ask a Question