Need Advice. Passion flower leaves do not look normal

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Hello guys! I have three Passion flowers, the passiflora Caerulea that I grew from seed, they germinated on June 7th of this year, but the leaves don't look like how the passion flowers usually look, with three or four lobes or prongs on the leaves. When they were first growing I did not mind thinking maybe their leaves will change later but as they are growing the leaves are still the same, the new growth does not look different and right now I'm wondering if the leaves should have changed by now or when they would change. They are currently indoors climbing my blinds as you can see from the pictures was afraid they wouldn't do well outside since it was first winter and they didn't establish themselves before the first frost. Any thoughts of the leaves changing? Would love to get feedback^^

Attachments

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum. It will help if we know your hardiness zone. This is an outdoor plant so it may just be suffering the effects of an incompatible environment.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Thanks! and the hardiness zone is 7a, was going to plant them in the spring hopefully they will be good then

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Found out something though, not sure if it makes any difference but on the seed package says it can be grown indoors year round, perhaps a different type? but still don't know about the leaves. Definitely going to bring them outside for spring though, for them to climb a real support structure :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
They're just young and will change as they get older. Great job growing them indoors, I think they're doing quite well:D

Happy plant parenting!

Ad

Advertisements

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question