Advice needed...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I am wondering if you are able to give me some advice on what to do...

Basically, we had our garden landscaped a few years ago and the grass was all luscious green and thick and it was like that for couple years, only last year did it start to to develop brown patches. I will attach an image below.

Anyways, last year i used some fertiliser and i think i may have used too much causing it to get worse! To be honest, we really could have cared for the lawn better than we did but now i want to revive it and hopefully it’s not too late.

Can anyone-body advise on what’s best to do?

thanks

jemma

Attachments

• 8DD404F6-E785-495F-A24B-E5C183055065.png
    8DD404F6-E785-495F-A24B-E5C183055065.png
    187.9 KB · Views: 130
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Is the grass dead? If you pull on a runner does it easily come up? If so reseed, If not, fertilize with an organic fertilizer or a manure based compost.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Those brown patches could be due to a Pythium Blight fungus. If that's the case, you will need to manage your watering very closely during the growing season.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
That looks like a warm season grass with a little poa (very seedy fescue) tuft here and there. One of the biggest things for well fertilized grass is insect control, specifically grubs. All the little bug friends that come out from grubs in summer love to munch on well fed grass roots in the larval stages.

Ask a Question