My houseplants.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Aspidistra is a very unpretentious plant. I think you are right. Central heating and hot air could cause dry leaf tips. And also the stress of transferring plants from the street to the house.
I would not delete the entire sheet. The plant maintains an optimal balance between roots and leaves. Therefore, you can simply cut the dry ends of the leaves. But when the plant "wakes up" and gives young green leaves, then the old leaves can be removed. And at the same time add a fertilizer with a predominance of nitrogen. (Can be sold as fertilizer for non-flowering plants).

In the dark corner you can put an artificial plant. I saw such plants in the store that it's hard to guess that they are not real.

Or to invent and create a florarium with illumination.
Something like this.

View attachment 24860 View attachment 24861

I have a small florarium from an old aquarium. He is standing in a dark corner. The phytolamp only shines on plants, its light does not get into the eyes.
There are several plants. I love the Maranta tricolor. Every morning Maranta lifts and opens the leaves. In the evening closes. Sometimes Maranta turns leaves in the afternoon. She does it slowly, but it can be seen moving.

View attachment 24862
Wow larisa, your florarium is fantastic. Thanks. The Maranta "show" would be fascinating. I'm gonna have to put on my thinking cap and see what I can come up with

Reaction score
Country
United States
Awesome stuff. I was recommended to take a look at your indoor garden and glad i did.

Love the gloxinia and for some reason the oksalis. Reminds me of some of the odd sorel that grows around me wild(which btw taste delicious). I dont think i would try eating that though

Ask a Question