My houseplants.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
This is wonderful Larisa!!! I want flowers and blooms year round so this is so incredibly helpful! Thank you for taking the time to share all of this.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Larisa you are very knowledgeable. I'd love to have flowers all year round. I must do my homework (y) first and then the hardwork:LOL:. I agree with Tjohn, you do bave a green thumb.....a very colourful one;).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
@DeborahJane
It is not difficult. It is enough to create the whole "flower system" once, and then just water, fertilize, multiply and admire!
mocking.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Hi @Larisa, thank you for tagging me in your post. Otherwise i would have never seen your spectacular display of flowers
girl clapping.gif
There are a few places on the forums that i never visit; threads having to do with lawns and threads having to do with house plants because neither of these things are part of my gardening experience. I do frequently visit the more glamorous forums like "diseases and pests"
laughing girl2.gif
I have a lot of experience here because we have no winter to kill them off. I love the Spiraea that you showed growing outside with a beautiful blue sky background. I am going to look it up to see if i can grow it here.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
You make it sound possible Larisa Larisa's 5 steps.......Create....Water.... Fertilize.... Multiply.... Admire. I like it(y):);), especially the last step:love:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
Thank you,@Beverly ! I have to cut the branches for you!
rolleyes.gif

@DeborahJane
Start with the fifth step!
Some ladies come to visit me. They start to admire some plant and ask me to share. I share, of course. Then they take more and more ... Then the place ends on their windows. And then their husbands stop letting them visit me!
cc2.gif

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Larisa, your flowers are beautiful, stunning, gorgeous, amazing, exquisite, and absolutely dazzling. (I am out of superlatives.) All I've got is... WOW!!
upload_2017-7-29_3-31-7.gif

upload_2017-7-29_4-15-21.gif
upload_2017-7-29_4-15-26.gif
upload_2017-7-29_4-15-40.gif
upload_2017-7-29_4-15-46.gif

But Larisa... (wait here, I have to go get something. ;).)

upload_2017-7-29_4-0-36.gif
. Where are the orchids?!
(Haha!! Stompy-foot girl is mad at you!! :ROFLMAO:.)

(Sigh...the orchids...:love: :love:.)

@tbendl, (y) thank you for bumping this thread, I missed it the first time around, just like @Beverly did. :)

Last edited:

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Somewhere I already showed orchids ...
Hmmmm.gif

Hmm... Well, I must have seen them somewhere... wasn't there a thread... I think it was started by someone in Ohio... Ah, my memory is gone... :whistle: :rolleyes:

Hell, I almost envy them!
cc2.gif

I do envy them!! How do you give them a bath with vitamins ? Do you do this often, or is it just because they recently finished blooming?

upload_2017-7-30_13-42-0.jpeg Is this plant in a bowl for added humidity? I like the way that looks. :)

upload_2017-7-30_13-46-35.jpeg

I like the spotty ones, and have never seen a yellow orchid, but I love the white details on this one! Thank you for showing me more orchids!! ;) :love:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
Ah, my memory is gone.

@MaryMary I'd rather be silent about my memory! Because I do not even remember which forum I showed orchids!
:rolleyes:

I do envy them!! How do you give them a bath with vitamins ? Do you do this often, or is it just because they recently finished blooming?

Once a week. :) It is warm water in a special tank. There I add a very small dose of special fertilizers for orchids. And sometimes a bit of succinic acid.

Is this plant in a bowl for added humidity?

Yes! It used to be an aquarium for fry.:D

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
15014491490071511656929.jpg
Look at my poor aspidistra. My central heating seems to take its toll on my indoor plants. It is positioned on a stand about 1.3 or about 5 feet from the vent. The heat rises and must blow across to it. I now have it recovering in a sheltered position my deck. Should I cut off the burnt bits or the whole leaf, do you think? I have a peace lily on the kitchen bench and it is doing well, nowhere near a vent. I guess that's my answer. But aesthetically it's where I want it:confused:. At the moment I'm experimenting with several others but only having them in the house on the weekend. That's them behind the aspidistra and the pots and vent in question :(. I have another very dark corner near the fire place, no light so I'm thinking of resorting to an artificial plant for there. I did try palms, alternating 2 plants on a weekly basis but was quite a heavy, awkward and messy excercise.
rps20170731_064412.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
@MaryMary I'd rather be silent about my memory! Because I do not even remember which forum I showed orchids!
:rolleyes:

Once a week. :) It is warm water in a special tank. There I add a very small dose of special fertilizers for orchids. And sometimes a bit of succinic acid.

Yes! It used to be an aquarium for fry.:D
What a great idea Larisa. I loose orchids all the time inside. I'll give that a try.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
Aspidistra is a very unpretentious plant. I think you are right. Central heating and hot air could cause dry leaf tips. And also the stress of transferring plants from the street to the house.
I would not delete the entire sheet. The plant maintains an optimal balance between roots and leaves. Therefore, you can simply cut the dry ends of the leaves. But when the plant "wakes up" and gives young green leaves, then the old leaves can be removed. And at the same time add a fertilizer with a predominance of nitrogen. (Can be sold as fertilizer for non-flowering plants).

In the dark corner you can put an artificial plant. I saw such plants in the store that it's hard to guess that they are not real.

Or to invent and create a florarium with illumination.
Something like this.

611c600e45e3a332d25ed064460a47b8.jpg 833ee9757b5c.jpg

I have a small florarium from an old aquarium. He is standing in a dark corner. The phytolamp only shines on plants, its light does not get into the eyes.
There are several plants. I love the Maranta tricolor. Every morning Maranta lifts and opens the leaves. In the evening closes. Sometimes Maranta turns leaves in the afternoon. She does it slowly, but it can be seen moving.

1.jpg

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Because I do not even remember which forum I showed orchids!
:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

It was in one of my threads, Larisa. :sneaky: :LOL: I was given an orphaned orchid and when it pushed out air roots, I wanted to know what it was doing. You posted some of your pictures and gave me a short tutorial. :)

Look at it now!! :D

0730171330.jpg

Ask a Question