Most hated veg(s)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I am one of the people who is guilty of using salt to flavor food. It is a nasty habit. During the summer months when I can grow lots of herbs my salt consumption goes way down. Except for my beloved corn on the cob. :D

Yes, salt is bad for you, with when you take just a pinch of it.

Herbs are the way forward. Having said that, I hate chips covered with salt. Went to MacDonald for a HUGE mac and the chips with all the salt just put me off.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I don't like the taste of beet and artichokes.

Eating beet is like eating mud! I've found it off-putting. But doc said that it was good against arthritis. Artichokes are hard work - a lot of work for very little flesh.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I would never give up salt (or sugar) completely. I believe unless one has a severe health condition salt is ok if used in moderation :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
have not run across any I don't like.

I love experimenting making them all different ways, and eating most raw which is the best for you. just last weekend I made Chocolate beet cake, it was eaten up quickly. I love a good grilled eggplant sandwich, yummy. brussels sprouts--raw or saute in garlic with pine nuts. beets raw shredded in a salad with some feta cheese, yummy. I can buy a huge bag of baby spinach, dump it in a saute pan with olive oil wilt it up until soft, and garlic, dump it all on some pasta with parm cheese, now that is good eating . Rutabagas roasting along side a nice beef roast, yummy, they absorb all the juices of the beef, double yummy. Cabbage, saute by itself with some butter, salt etc, throw caramelized onion in, a few strips of ham then all on to of noodles, yummy. Kale, love it in a salad raw or made into pesto, (kale pesto is kale, pecans, good olive oil, garlic and salt) use to fold into hot pasta, yummy. Parsnips is a nice added balance to soups that also use carrots.

all this and I am so hungry just thinking about this. got homemade humus in my car with come carrots. have to get them soon. Oh, yes, have you ever made carrot soup, or carrot quiche?

so much fun with veggies, love them all. I been to the East Indian Market, where unusual ones can be found, got involved with Tindora, really good with the spices suggested.

cucumber, no issues with those, love just to eat it raw. hate the mixing in with sour cream muck.

No one mentioned Lettuces, I don't buy Ice Burg, not worth my time due to no nutrition compared to Roamaine.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Might try it, Esther! I prefer Romanie cooked! Yummy!

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Beets! Blech, you can just taste the dirt in them. :eek:

That is, until I tried pickled beets... I like a few of them. If I eat them too long, I get accustomed to the pickle taste, and then I can taste the dirt again. (n)

But I don't hate them. (y) (Anymore.:D )

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Gemma, anything (with the exception of chocolate) should be used in moderation. You echoed Julia Child, who said, " one could eat anything one wanted, in moderation. "
You and Julia have such a sensible approach to food!:happy:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Eating beet is like eating mud! I've found it off-putting. But doc said that it was good against arthritis. Artichokes are hard work - a lot of work for very little flesh.
Welll.....have never eaten a beet that was like eating mud......but, to be perfectly honest, I've never ate mud.......LOL

Ask a Question