Marijuana.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Yesterday by accident I walked into a store selling the associated paraphernalia of marijuana. It was inhabited by about 7 males lounging about, who looked like freaks IMO.

I have been reading various marijuana associated forums and watching various videos. After some observations it appears many if not most of the authors are deficient in mental capacity.

Associates of the weed look stupid, often have unconventional sloppy dress. And try to exude an appearance of wisdom in conversation which has little substance.

So what is the attraction? Anybody.

I made the same observations as you - back in the 1960s. Looking and talking as if I had stepped on a tranquilizer dart never really appealed to me so I stayed clear of it. It's too bad that people have to find ways to screw themselves up because marijuana and cocain used properly could be a blessing for end of life cancer patients. As seems to be mans' way, he takes a good thing and ruins it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
20 February 2018 Marijuana Trichome viewers
Posted on February 20, 2018 by Durgan
http://durgan.org/2018/February 2018/20 February 2018 Marijuana Trichome viewers/HTML/20 February 2018 Marijuana Trichome viewers
https://www.amazon.ca/Carson-60X-12...IQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1519158556&sr=8-1&k Carson Micro Brite Plus 60X-120X LED Lighted Pocket Microscope

https://www.amazon.ca/Happy-Hydro-L...517352335&SubscriptionId=AKIAJO7E5OLQ67NVPFZA Happy Hydro LED Loupe 30x & 60x Magnifying Lens

Apparently deciding the time to harvest marijuana is decided by the color of the trichomes, which are too small for detail with the naked eye. A magnifier of 30x to 60X is required. Economic viewers of this sort have a small depth of focus, which make using tedious and difficult. My improved method is to use a white background, place a sample to be viewed on top, covered with a flat plastic piece. This produces flat plane making focus easy. A glass slide would be ideal if one has access. Two types of readily available hand microscopes are shown which are 30 and 60 times magnification.

20%20february%202018%20marijuana%20004_std.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
This is an excellent photo of trichomes. At first they have the shape of tiny mushrooms and appear like ice crystals. With time they turn white and opaque. A bit later they show the color amber. Th plant is harvested when the trichomes are white with a few colored amber. A magnification of around 30 to 60 is required to see these clearly. To a beginner it can be overwhelmingly confusing.

uJsm4.png

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
The intense interest in the details of this leaf reminds me of a story about another leaf.

Bear with me.

The sage called for a competition of leaves so that with certainty the best leaf would become known. Contestants brought forward their offerings, the care they showed was represented in many cases by the containers, often embellished with gold and silver finery.All were allowed to share the contents of their containers. At the end of the sharing, the Sage brought forward the most exquisite antique box of carved ivory and gold one might ever imagine.With solemn dignity of purpose, he went through a detailed procedure in the preparation of the leaf from the box, such that no detail was unattended that might distract from the enjoyment of the leaf by the attendees of the meeting. The result was that the Sage was lifted up as having knowledge and possession of the best leaf at the gathering. Without a smile, the Sage then informed the attendees of the gathering that the tea they were enjoying was the same common tea that every peasant in the area drank.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
Going by the view numbers on this thread on marijuana........ I'd say this plant is the most talked about single plant on this forum :)......... at least since November anyway:). How many other plants have Popular threads like this one:D:LOL: I'm no Expert on this plant but being a guy of the long heard variety..........er.... I don't mind admitting I've had the odd Puff or Tea & Cake for research purposes only:cool: So I guess I could say I have Par-tacked (a Couple of times). I've Personally found It Helps When If Sitting with a Guitar and penning down Lyrics:whistle:( Music is a hobby of mine. I'm one of those Bob Dylan types with a guitar and harp). I've Never let it rule my life but When the Guys Come round for a Jam Its sometimes a small part of a good evening. Other side effects I've noticed is it puts a smile on ones face & puts ones sometimes unhappy thoughts to one side. Well.......... there is my two penny's worth on the object or plant we all Know but Don't if you Know what I Mean.................:eek:what Have I been talking about shut up Daren I could get arrested:ninja:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
@Daren over here, some of us already have the federal government's permission to grow for our own use and it will be legal for everyone to grow and use this summer. Our government is setting up stores to sell the stuff.

Obviously it will never be legal to drive while impaired , by any substance, but it will be legal to toke and garden...

Watch the views from Canada explode come this summer!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
3 March 2018 Decarboxylation in Pressure canner
Posted on March 4, 2018 by Durgan
http://durgan.org/2018/March 2018/3 March 2018 Decarboxylation in Pressure canner/HTML/3 March 2018 Decarboxylation in Pressure canner
Eight ounces of fresh plant material was obtained. One ounce was placed in seven 500 ml jars and pressured canned at 15 PSI for 70 minutes to Decarboxylate. The jars are well sterilized, and material be stored until required. This material will be used to make cannabutter and alcohol tinctures.
020_std.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
3 March 2018 Tincture
Posted on March 4, 2018 by Durgan
http://durgan.org/2018/March 2018/3 March 2018 Tincture/HTML/ 3 March 2018 Tincture
Two jars of tincture were made and set aside to condition. One jar was material and alcohol in a jar and set aside to brew for 30 days. The other jar was using a freezing method that has material ready for use in about five days. Alcohol used was Everclear, purchased in Niagara Falls USA, but Bacardi Rum can also be used. The method of use is drops under the tongue. This is more effective than smoking, and is more environmental friendly.
008_std.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I like to dissolve cannabis laden coconut oil in my coffee with a little milk and sugar. Careful though, it’s easy to overdo it.

Reaction score
Country
Australia
The only reason cannabis gets a bad name is because of 1 thing "THE GROWER". What majority of people dont understand is that this is a plant meaning 1 person can grow 100% grade A quality medicine for over 100 illnesses. Then you have someone grow the same plant and create the complete opposite effect.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
The attempt to get the populace to encompass marijuana consumption is a bust IMO. I have been experimenting particularly with tinctures and emulsions and the positive outcome is nil, zero, zilch.

For a cop out substance, marijuana comes up zero.

There is some legitimate anecdotes but the overall blind acceptance of it being a panacea is without merit. IMO.

I started about two years ago growing and experimenting with no real positive results.

I would be very interested in any positive outcomes with people accomplishing or observing real positive results.

Anybody?

Ask a Question