Marijuana.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
Is anybody growing a few plants of marijuana legally? Growing is legal for a few plants in Canada for private medical use.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
The hardest thing about growing M is getting the correct seeds. They are not all created equal.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
http://durgan.org/2017/January%202017/21%20January%202017%20Watering%20pots%20from%20bottom/HTML/ 21 January 2017 Watering pots from bottom
Plants are watered from the bottom by placing in a trough to soak up water. This tends to inhibit damping off. Also a small fan air is directed to the plants to gently rustle the leaves. This strengthens the stems and discourages the growth of mold.
dsc_5715_std.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
Never had any experience with the product. Probably will experiment with ingesting. There is a lot to learn about growing and processing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I'd be curious what pollinators (if any) it attracts. Also, if there is any other insects/animals attracted to it. But it looks like you're doing it indoors, so not really set up to see how the plant interacts with the natural world.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
It is Winter here in Zone 5. I can't use outdoors until about June. I think the plant is air/wind pollinated. Apparently it is not a difficult plant to grow. I start most of my plants indoors. These plants get a bit more light than others, since it will probably have to bloom indoors due to the time they were started. The typical insects attack the plant outdoors, and probably some sprays will have to be applied. I am experimenting.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
It is Winter here in Zone 5. I can't use outdoors until about June. I think the plant is air/wind pollinated. Apparently it is not a difficult plant to grow. I start most of my plants indoors. These plants get a bit more light than others, since it will probably have to bloom indoors due to the time they were started. The typical insects attack the plant outdoors, and probably some sprays will have to be applied. I am experimenting.
Oh yeah, some of us have to worry about that thing called Winter:D

It would be interesting to see if I could plant some MJ seeds and see if they can reproduce on their own or become victims of pests, since I don't protect my plants with pesticides. If it can't live in my garden I don't grow it...that's why I don't buy hostas anymore.:oops:

It does seem like MJ, which is not native to NA are somewhat fragile in the environment. These are kind of interesting reads: http://ucanr.edu/blogs/blogcore/postdetail.cfm?postnum=19764

http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/marijuana-pests-snails-slugs/

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
Thoreau on his death bed was asked by a pious relative as to whether he had made his peace with the Lord. Thoreau rose slightly and shook his finger and said, "One world at a time, One world at a time",

Pests, insects, molds etc. are a constant in all gardening. One has to take appropriate action when they appear. The prudent go for the lest harmful of bad choices.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada

Prophet

Intelligently Inquisitive
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Oh yeah, some of us have to worry about that thing called Winter:D

It would be interesting to see if I could plant some MJ seeds and see if they can reproduce on their own or become victims of pests, since I don't protect my plants with pesticides. If it can't live in my garden I don't grow it...that's why I don't buy hostas anymore.:oops:

It does seem like MJ, which is not native to NA are somewhat fragile in the environment. These are kind of interesting reads: http://ucanr.edu/blogs/blogcore/postdetail.cfm?postnum=19764

http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/marijuana-pests-snails-slugs/
Soap and Water is all any grower of most any plant/vegetable needs..put some broken up eggshells under the base and say bye bye to the slugs category.

Prophet

Intelligently Inquisitive
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Never had any experience with the product. Probably will experiment with ingesting. There is a lot to learn about growing and processing.
I've always wondered the effects of ingesting vs smoking myself. Its a lot more difficult making edibles from cannabis from what I've seen and read (or time consuming rather)..

Ask a Question