Country
Canada
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
Modern Green Dragon Tincture Recipe Tinctures are usually taken by putting a few drops under your tongue

1. Traditional Green Dragon Tincture Recipe

Decarboxylate your flower or extract (if you’re using flower, grind it to a fine consistency)
    Mix your flower or extract in a mason jar with high-proof alcohol (preferably Everclear)
    Close the jar and let it sit for a few weeks, shaking it once a day
    After a few weeks, filter it with a coffee filter and start with a small dose of 1mL to assess potency

Always have one brewing to maintain your supply.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Flowering heads and leaves produce resin used as medicine or for intoxication, some like to smoke by mixing it with tobacco, oil from seeds are used for lamps or cooking, seed extract for treatment of earache, fibres from stem are used for making paper, textiles and rope, roots are boiled in water eases cramped joints, gout, violent pains, reduce bile secretion.

Here in my place and to north its used in drink for intoxication during festival. ;)

People used it as treatment for rheumatism, diarrhoea, dysentry, digestive disorders, intestinal worms, reduced appetite, cholera, reticence of speech and sadness, gynaecological disorders, dysmenorrhoea, absentmindedness, malaria fever, migraine, cough, bronchitis, asthma, oliguria, dysuria, induce sleep, heat stroke, applied to open wounds, burn injury, inflammation of the skin, haemorrhoids, conjunctivitis, orchitis, erysipelas, toothache, induce focus the mind, fatigue , as a form of anaesthetic, to increase egg laying in hens

it was used to induce courage and fearless in warriors about to do battle.

tends to weaken the constitution,
render more susceptible to disease,
excessive use indicates and intensifies mental instability,
series of bizarre hallucinations and illusions,
partial paralysis

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Very interesting, thank you Raj.:) I would love to see an increase in the of use of hemp in textiles. Cotton is being used less and less. Most of the cotton products i buy are of good quality, made in India. A dozen or so years ago, i bought a blouse made of 100% hemp. It is lovely to wear and it never seems to wear out. It is somewhat more substantive than most cottons but not as stiff as linen, a bit like a linen/cotton blend. I purchase 100% natural fiber products when ever i can and i would really like to see more textile products made of hemp available on the world market.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Ah, i think that is Kapok and Ceiba in english and spanish. I think the trees grow here but i have never seen Ceiba on a material label. Is this cotton widely used in India?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@Durgan...i love uline...it is where i found my rain barrel and the bags to hold composted soil and so many other things handy in the garden.:)

Okay, those look like good boxes, now where are you going to ship them to and by what carrier?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
U Line have many useful items. They have opened a warehouse about 100 km from me. Pick up cost $25.00. I got ten boxes min order. Cost just over $100.00, They seem to be almost ideal. Now to keep any plants short by topping. Also a box could be stacked if height is excessive. Great for a few plants for indoor growing in the greenhouse.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
Yesterday by accident I walked into a store selling the associated paraphernalia of marijuana. It was inhabited by about 7 males lounging about, who looked like freaks IMO.

I have been reading various marijuana associated forums and watching various videos. After some observations it appears many if not most of the authors are deficient in mental capacity.

Associates of the weed look stupid, often have unconventional sloppy dress. And try to exude an appearance of wisdom in conversation which has little substance.

So what is the attraction? Anybody.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Legalisation_Movement_India

Legislation of cannabis[edit]
India had no legislation on narcotic substances till 1985. On 14 November 1985, the Indian government banned the use of cannabis by passing the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985. Under the act, it is illegal for a person to cultivate, possess, sell, purchase and consume narcotic and psychotropic substances. Violation of the law attracts a fine and/or imprisonment depending on the quantity of the banned substance.[4] The act has come under criticism in the country, especially with the legalization of cannabis in some US states.[5]

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
Male marijuana plants
http://durgan.org/2017/December 2017/20 December 2017 Male marijuana plants/HTML/20 December 2017 Male marijuana plants

When growing marijuana plants the male plants are undesirable, since they produce pollen to fertilize the female plant. This reduces the active desirable product. The plants are sexed after about two months prior to the pollen forming and the male plants are removed. About half the plants grown from seed produce males. Identification is relatively simple for males, since the pollen sacks are clean and in bunches along the branches of the plant. If seeds are required allow the males and females grow together.
20%20december%202017%20male%20marijuana%20008_std.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
21 December 2017 Sexing Marijuana Plants
http://durgan.org/2017/December 2017/21 Dcember 2017 Female Marijuana Plants/HTML/HTML/21 December 2017 Female Marijuana plant

These plants are about 8 weeks grown from seed. The female plant produces the active material desired and they should not be pollinated for maximum production. This means the male plants must be removed from the vicinity of the female to prevent fertilization. To identify the sexes the females has clusters of white hairs and the males has pollen sacks. These become obvious at about 8 weeks from seed. The males are then removed from the vicinity of the females.
21%20december%202017%20female%20003_std.jpg

20%20december%202017%20male%20marijuana%20007_std.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
It’s legal where I am and has been for a few years. I’ve grown twice and I use clones instead of starting from seed because I’m only interested in the females, plus I’m guaranteed pure genetics that way. I only do outside with the sun. They act much like any other plant but you will want to feed them.

Ask a Question