Lemon tree, not verypretty

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
Can anyone please tell me why my lemon tree looks like it's had a spaz attack? Also, why are my lemons so small??

janice
20191101_171428.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Looks like it's in desperate need of a pruning. Also what's growing right next to it on the other side of that fence? And it's planted right by pavement. Your tree needs root space to grow well.
If I had to guess I'd say it's in need of care and should have been planted with more room. Could also just grow small lemons.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Where you live pruning should be done in early to mid spring. And it could use a good pruning but what jumps out at me is the color of the leaves. It looks to me as if it has nutritional problems, probably a lack of nitrogen but, in any case, I'd give it some nutrition. What variety is the lemon. Many varieties are small fruited

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
Where you live pruning should be done in early to mid spring. And it could use a good pruning but what jumps out at me is the color of the leaves. It looks to me as if it has nutritional problems, probably a lack of nitrogen but, in any case, I'd give it some nutrition. What variety is the lemon. Many varieties are small fruited
It's a Meyer lemon tree, Chuck. And earlier lemons were larger. Yep it definitely needs some nutrition. I will get on that. I always appreciate your responses.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
Looks like it's in desperate need of a pruning. Also what's growing right next to it on the other side of that fence? And it's planted right by pavement. Your tree needs root space to grow well.
If I had to guess I'd say it's in need of care and should have been planted with more room. Could also just grow small lemons.
Actually, the camilia bush on the other side of the fence belongs to my neighbor. The tree has been there for years and I believe it has plenty of room. But you are correct, it does need pruning. Thanks a bunch.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
At least 10 years, and the concrete is only a slab over the soil of the yard. The former owner of this house, (I've been here for 41 years,) did lots of odd cement and brick laying.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
It's a Meyer lemon tree, Chuck. And earlier lemons were larger. Yep it definitely needs some nutrition. I will get on that. I always appreciate your responses.
It is not unheard of for spherical fruits to have cycles in size and quantity outside of environmental inputs. Asian persimmons are an example of this.

Ask a Question