Lemon Tree Yellowing Leaves

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello! I have a Meyer’s Lemon tree in Ohio that has been doing very well ever since I was able to move it outside for the summer. But in the last week some of the lower leaves have started to curl and just today the leaves have some strange yellowish spots on them. Any ideas?
B914CAB4-1254-47F5-B01C-B5259B0FB33D.jpeg

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Hello - as I have several Citrontrees and they look very different from yours, I must say, that it seems to me, that there are several different problems.
The pot seems to be tooooo little. The pot seems to be out of Stone. The earth is not enough for the roots, and the roots are turning around in circles at the wall of that stonepot, which is worst. The Stone is cold, But the roots love it warm.
So first put the Tree in a 40 cm plastic pot, use normal plowerpotsoil, give bio fertilizer ( f.e, dogshit in the earth), water the plant with rainwater; put water together with a little bit vinegar in a iron can and when the water is really brown you can water the citron with it. The Colour of the leaver will turn into a dark green and they will be flat and not rolled . Then you can expect a nice harvest of lemon fruits.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
From the picture I cannot see the pot. @Jack.Cursor may be correct about the plant being rootbound. However, it is a small container and small containers are notorious for leaching nutrients. I would take it out of the pot and check the roots to see if they are rootbound and make sure that the drainage holes aren't plugged up. I would then put it in a larger container and feed it a good organic fertilizer. At this time from the picture I don't think the plant has a disease.

Reaction score
Country
Greece
For me it seems, the plant has a big lack of iron or magnesia. That´s what the yellow spots show to me.

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Every my 3 Citron Trees has at least 10 fruits hanging on it. My Kaviar Limette has about 40 rose flowers and it looks like it will make fruits, too. that means: They need food every week. In the full sunshine they are growing very well.

Ask a Question