Meijer Lemon Tree Help

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'd appreciate any help in discovering why my Meijer lemon tree's leaves are yellowing. It started suddenly after no changes in routine. I water once a week, keep it by a sunny window, and put it under a grow light for a little while at night. It's been growing beautifully up until now. The leaves started yellowing at the bottom and is working it's way up the tree, yellowing on leaves starting from tip. Recently read something about this pattern of yellowing being a nitrogen deficiency, so I'm wondering if this is what it might be. It is planted in Miracle Gro soil which has nitrogen in it though, so I'm open to any advice on how to help my plant.

Attachments

• lemon1.jpeg
    lemon1.jpeg
    58.8 KB · Views: 188
  • lemon2.jpeg
    lemon2.jpeg
    78 KB · Views: 190
  • lemon3.jpeg
    lemon3.jpeg
    71.4 KB · Views: 207
Reaction score
Country
United States
It's possible, but I don't know. I don't believe it is, but if it were, what do you suggest I do to fix it?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've found the nutrients in miracle gro aren't always enough for my lemon tree. I mixed espoma citrus tone into the soil for my lemon tree potted in miracle gro and also fertilized with Foliage Pro liquid fertilizer once a week. Maybe try one or both of those and see if there's any improvement?

It also might be too much water being retained in the soil? If you're using regular miracle gro, I've found miracle gro moisture control soil to work better, but even with that I mixed in some perlite to improve drainage.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United States
If its root bound, it would need a bigger pot. Are the root coming out of the drainage hole?
I just noticed after you mentioned that it might be root bound, that yes, the roots are coming out of the drainage hole a little bit. I will get my plant a bigger pot as soon as possible.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Since its in a pot, have you checked to make sure the roots aren't to damp?

Ask a Question