Meyer Lemon Trees

Reaction score
I live in the Caribbean and I have a small Meyer Lemon Tree Orchard. Two trees are struggling. The oldest is around 4 - 5 years old and was prolific. Now it is struggling. Huge part of the tree has died. It continues to try to bloom but I removed the buds to focus on growth.

The new tree is approximately 3 years old. It is covered with huge lemons at the moment, however the leaves are now displaying the same coloration as the oldest.

The soil is clay.

I have begun to amend the soil with peat moss to lower the PH.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0500.JPG
    IMG_0500.JPG
    154.3 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_0501.JPG
    IMG_0501.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 288
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I live in the Caribbean and I have a small Meyer Lemon Tree Orchard. Two trees are struggling. The oldest is around 4 - 5 years old and was prolific. Now it is struggling. Huge part of the tree has died. It continues to try to bloom but I removed the buds to focus on growth.

The new tree is approximately 3 years old. It is covered with huge lemons at the moment, however the leaves are now displaying the same coloration as the oldest.

The soil is clay.

I have begun to amend the soil with peat moss to lower the PH.

Any advice will be appreciated.
Your tree has a nutrient deficiency. A lack of nitrogen and trace minerals. Citrus does ok in alkaline soils and adding peat is only a very short time remedy for lowering Ph. You have yellowing leaves with yellow veins, a sure sign of a nitrogen deficiency. Fertilize with a good organic fertilizer and liquid seaweed.

Ask a Question