Meyer lemon fruit from seed ??!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
Jordan
Hi all ..
I have seedling from Meyer lemon seed just one week age, how much time I need to give me first fruit ? ??

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
Jordan
If you are real lucky 7 years but more likely 8-10 years.
Never tell more than 5 years, some told that I can get fruit in one year but need make good condition for it to grow ?!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Never tell more than 5 years, some told that I can get fruit in one year but need make good condition for it to grow ?!!
Then don't believe me. Look it up! A tree is just like a person. It needs time to sexually mature and no matter how you grow the tree it will still need 7-10 years to produce fruit on a tree grown from seed. If you were to take a cutting from another mature fruit bearing Myer lemon and grow it you could possibly get fruit in 3-4 years but from a seed its just not going to happen. And as @Silentrunning said, the probability of having the fruit be the same as from the parent plant are just about zero. In fact the probability of any good fruit at all from a seed grown Myer lemon is very small. In fact, it's possible it may never have any fruit at all.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
Jordan
Then don't believe me. Look it up! A tree is just like a person. It needs time to sexually mature and no matter how you grow the tree it will still need 7-10 years to produce fruit on a tree grown from seed. If you were to take a cutting from another mature fruit bearing Myer lemon and grow it you could possibly get fruit in 3-4 years but from a seed its just not going to happen. And as @Silentrunning said, the probability of having the fruit be the same as from the parent plant are just about zero. In fact the probability of any good fruit at all from a seed grown Myer lemon is very small. In fact, it's possible it may never have any fruit at all.
Days will tell you ...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Days??????????? What is Days

I think they were trying to say that 'time will tell' :confused: If they're not willing to listen to reason then I think they're best ignored to be honest!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I think they were trying to say that 'time will tell' :confused: If they're not willing to listen to reason then I think they're best ignored to be honest!
Yep, I came to the same conclusion. Maybe he will post again in 5 or 6 years wondering why his tree isn't producing.

Ask a Question