Ixora in my garden

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Here are some pictures of Ixora in my garden. They come in several shades and in two sizes. Ixora are perennials. They remain on the plant for several days.
white.jpg
yellow.jpg
pinkbigix.jpg
yelowsmallix.jpg
smallorange.jpg
] 5536[/ATTACH]
red.JPG
orangelarge.jpg
cluster.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It looks lovely and very exotic! To be honest, it's the first time when I hear about Ixora. I've never seen a plant like this in my country. Are those flowers fragrant?:)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
It looks lovely and very exotic! To be honest, it's the first time when I hear about Ixora. I've never seen a plant like this in my country. Are those flowers fragrant?:)

Enough fragrance for butterflies to flutter around (lol)

vlcsnap-2015-05-01-16h38m36s234.png

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They look so beautiful and only see these flowers in the local Conservatory. These flowers can't survive outside I don't think, around here. I love the varieties of colors you have there in your garden.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
They look so beautiful and only see these flowers in the local Conservatory. These flowers can't survive outside I don't think, around here. I love the varieties of colors you have there in your garden.
I had this craze to plant something that does not grow here naturally. I tried tulips (lol). But now I am satisfied with what grows well here.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Oh, nice! I've never seen it in white before. I have the reddish orange one, and I've seen the yellow. We had a dwarf version at work, but I didn't realize there were so many different varieties of it. It's a charming plant.

Reaction score
Beautiful, now I'm completely sure your garden is full of a lot exotic plants :O I wasn't expecting less from you, considering the country where you live :O You guys can grow so many awesome things!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Beautiful, now I'm completely sure your garden is full of a lot exotic plants :O I wasn't expecting less from you, considering the country where you live :O You guys can grow so many awesome things!
Actually I have had the same view about you guys out there. There are so many things there that we cannot grow there. :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Is it a sweet fragrance?:) The butterfly in your picture is beautiful! I love butterflies, they're the most gorgeous creatures in the whole world.
Its a mild fragrance.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a beautiful, container-grown Ixora x 'Maui', also known as 'Maui Red' blooming right now on my front porch. It is the same or very similar to the seventh shot in the original post. More people should try Ixora, in the Madder Family (Rubiaceae).
Are they tender? Yes, but I find mine no more tender than many other sub-tropicals. If anything, it seems a tad hardier than my Hibiscus rosa-sinensis, and many people attempt to grow those in temperate climates. if you are in USDA Zones 9 or 10, just site it out of the worst of the winter wet and frost. A porch or overhang should do fine. A large container is ideal so you can re-situate it each Spring and Fall. For USDA Zones 8 and lower it should be somehow wintered behind glass.

Ask a Question