I want a robotic mower plus

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Its about 35k. Lotsa shade. A garden would be nice, but it is awfully shady in deep summer.
Resized_20180120_222435.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I cannot buy one. The crazy cut patterns, stick and twig production at my place is high, and running electrical out into the yard are among the reasons why I do not want to buy the machine.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Pretty much, yes. Even If I needed 2 its just too much of a pasture, I have 2 river birch trees that are not happy unless they are throwing their hair on the ground. The maples are nearly as bad. And that driveway long strip of 7 crepe myrtles is always a mess to pick up after. Then there are magnolia leaves which might as well be dragon scales. The birches have mature Bradford pear to either side and 3 medium size oaks are out front. a few fruit trees, pears and persimmon, and a crabby old apple do not help. Its not a suburban yard.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think the mower would cope with all that, sadly. I watched the mower above for some while at an Open Day in the grounds of a mansion. As long as it had something to collide with it would turn itself around and go off in another direction. There was a large pond in the grounds, the edge of which had been brick tiled to stop the mower falling in, it apparently recognises something that's solid and turns itself. It also garaged itself for recharging. I think with larger plots of ground it would have to be in motion continuously to keep the grass short.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Lotsa shade. A garden would be nice, but it is awfully shady in deep summer

Yep, I think you should plant flowers!! :D Quit mowing, and just weed a bit. (y)

Narrowing the search to 2 hours or less of sun still yields 148 plants to choose from. :)

https://www.wildflower.org/plants/c...01=1&height_02=1&1&pagecount=10&pagecount=100

A picture is worth a thousand words. ;) :)

Scarlet sage (Salvia coccinea)
th

th
Adam and Eve. (Native wild orchids !! :love:.)

Wild red Columbine...
th

Wild hyacinth (Camassia scilloides)
th

Black huckleberry ...
th

;) With huckleberries
th

Wild geranium...
th

Mountain phlox
A_C_IMG4329.JPG

There are many pretty ones, I just got jealous of your warm climate. :(

Have a look at the link... Can't hurt a bit... :)

(n) Air you can Wear!! :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I must be really picky. I mean its not good enough for me that robotic mowers even exist, which is amazing, but I literally expect a higher level of integration and control than the random direction cutters I see on the market today. Does anybody make a "smart" mower yet?

I did a quick google search and it turns out Husqvarna do produce robotic lawnmowers. It also says you can control the robo mower with your smartphone using an app. That sounds really cool, but I can't imagine how much one of those things would cost :D The models they have on the website all look like futuristic toy cars. I find that rather funny. Here is a link tot heir website, in case you're interested.

In my opinion it's best to mow your own lawn, unless it's too big, of course. Mowing always helps me calm my nerves, but I suppose it can get annoying after some time.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I did a quick google search and it turns out Husqvarna do produce robotic lawnmowers. It also says you can control the robo mower with your smartphone using an app. That sounds really cool, but I can't imagine how much one of those things would cost :D The models they have on the website all look like futuristic toy cars. I find that rather funny. Here is a link tot heir website, in case you're interested.

In my opinion it's best to mow your own lawn, unless it's too big, of course. Mowing always helps me calm my nerves, but I suppose it can get annoying after some time.

husqvarna - best ones!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Pretty much, yes. Even If I needed 2 its just too much of a pasture, I have 2 river birch trees that are not happy unless they are throwing their hair on the ground. The maples are nearly as bad. And that driveway long strip of 7 crepe myrtles is always a mess to pick up after. Then there are magnolia leaves which might as well be dragon scales. The birches have mature Bradford pear to either side and 3 medium size oaks are out front. a few fruit trees, pears and persimmon, and a crabby old apple do not help. Its not a suburban yard.

DM, it sounds like all you are missing is a half dozen Sycamore trees to make your yard a true nightmare. Let me know if you want one. I have about 999,999,999,999,999 seed pods on my property.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
@Silentrunning , Perhaps they would be good for BBQ flavor?

@MaryMary I have not thanked you properly for the link to an amazing website. I bookmarked it, and would point everyone to it as an amazing resource. Thank you again.

@Theodore Beasley , yes I was actually focused on the husky as best in class.

@wojtekklacz , I agree.

Last edited:

Ask a Question