Bloomin mower

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 8 B 15-20 F -9.4 -6.7c
Country
United Kingdom
Bit of a day today ride on mower brakes decided to seize right in the middle of a job, my own fault I guess. The lesson here is keep your machinery well maintained else you may find it let's you down right when you need it. All 's well here though, my friends at Bridgwater mowers had it sorted in under an hour..

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
We were never "mechanical" people when it came to motors. We used to have to take our mowers...and other power equipment...in for repair quite often...too often. Then, we started watching YouTube vids on their maintenance and repair. Now, we have fewer problems, and many of the ones we do have, we can fix ourselves. We're saving a butt load of money.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
We had one petrol mower which died on me suddenly. Ever after that, I stayed away from petrol lawnmower. Neighbour recommended Flymo and I found out the the grass cuttings flew everywhere. After mowing the lawn, I had to use a broom to brush the cuttings off the driveways on my sides. Now I have a Qualcast which leaves me with a trail of cuttings and I have to walk backward to pick that up.. What a to do..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
I love all the petrol kit, have been using it for years and it's come a long way in that time, the little Japanese engines are so reliable these days. I have a Honda rotary mower which I bought new in 1985 the engine runs sweet as a nut but body has sadly seen better days. But it looks like there's something new on the horizon... Battery power, batteries for garden machinery have improved a great deal in recent times and many professionals are giving it a try, quite good reports so far.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, go for another Honda. The gardener for the dental surgery had the same praise for Honda. I don't know about petrol. I can't afford to have another petrol mower plays dead on me. Sometimes I wish a lawnmower could be a bit more compact. They take up so much room in the garage in which I have 2.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I think @Verdun has an electric one run on battery .. like a car on battery .. Verdun was very pleased with it.. Forward thinking .. and it's much better than dragging a cord as you mow ..

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
I agree Honda do a grand job on Mower Engines But There are others out there like Briggs & Stratton from the US. Ive Not found a bad one yet from them ever. Its more likely the Mower its bolted to that gives up rather than the engine

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Yes indeed there are many John Deer, Husqvarna,Etesia,Viking,Toro to name but a few, all make good mowers with a variety of engines and configurations.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Many mower manufacturers, and other small equipment manufacturers, here in the States use Briggs & Stratton engines.

Ask a Question