My Mum's Old Push Mower

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
image.jpg
I had this "brain wave " ages ago and waited for the weather to fine up enough to paint. The hand mower was orange and white and not working so I've used a rust affect paint to give it an old look and have planted a star jasmine to grow over it. I hope the idea will work. I have it in area of my garden with the same look.
image.jpg

image.jpg
I don't know why there are 2 images. I'm such a techno whiz:( but I do keep trying.

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
We lately have rechargeable lawn mowers. They are usually not expensive. I used to have a lawn mower fitted with a petrol engine. It later spoilt. I am planning to buy a rechargeable one.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It looks really nice! I often think that most things were prettier in the past. I like old cars, old furniture and vintage clothes:) Same goes for everything gardening-related.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
One man's cast offs, another man's art!

Nicely done :)
Thank Lori. Huge sentimental value for me in this case of course as well as the creativity.
My original inspiration was when I saw the 2 old penny farthing bikes mounted on a wall. I still think I'd like to look for some old bikes wheels to "rust" and mount on my bluestone wall and run creepers up and over them. Twice a year we have council rubbish collections whereby we place rubbish on the nature strip and it's collected by the council. Whilst no one is meant to people often take their pick. Next one I'll keep a look out for some Lonely bike wheels!.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
We lately have rechargeable lawn mowers. They are usually not expensive. I used to have a lawn mower fitted with a petrol engine. It later spoilt. I am planning to buy a rechargeable one.

I have all ways use a rechargeable mower until this year when I went to replace the battery and found it cost more than the mower did new. If you get a chargeable mower make sure the battery won't cost you more than a new mower would. I now have a gas mower that I hate but it was free so I'll use it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
I think that mower can be contributed to the Smithsonian Institute, just joking here. You know, I was born and raised in an apartment in the city and the only time I got to see a lawn mower when I was already married. One neighbor had a nice lawn of bermuda grass where they use the push-mower. I think they still have that mower until now because motorized lawn mowers are not popular here.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I think that mower can be contributed to the Smithsonian Institute, just joking here. You know, I was born and raised in an apartment in the city and the only time I got to see a lawn mower when I was already married. One neighbor had a nice lawn of bermuda grass where they use the push-mower. I think they still have that mower until now because motorized lawn mowers are not popular here.
Certainly not in working order! I think you can still get them. My mum had a very small patch of grass in the city so it was ideal for her. I am on 3/4acre so it certainly wouldn't do here:ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Country
United States
I love you idea with using the lawn mower. I once had a neighbor that used the same idea you had, On an old style bicycle and she planted perennials in the basket of the bicycle. It looked lovely, An I'm sure yours will too.

Ask a Question