How Many Indoor Plants do You Have?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
wonder if there is some relation to the amount of plant indoors to the amount of plants outdoors. Meaning those with TONs of outdoor plants/shrubs etc will have less indoors and those with little outdoors will have more indoors. Just wondering.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3b
Country
Canada
I'm sure if someone lived in an apartment, (or otherwise didn't have a yard) that they'd have to have more indoor than outdoor plants. I have both indoor and outdoor, we have quite the garden. We plant a lot of edible fruits and vegetables, and flowers outside. Last year we harvested about 20 spaghetti squash and about ~80 tomatoes. We have a lemon tree and blueberry tree. We also grew snap peas , strawberries, goji berries, basil, dill, cilantro, lavender, thyme, lemon balm, lemon grass, cayenne peppers, chili peppers, ghost peppers, ornamental peppers, oregano, mint, hops, carrots, pumpkins, cucumbers and swiss chard. So it's fun to take care of both sides.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Blueberry tree--will have to check that out. only have shrubs right now. We do not grow any veggies, fruit for us. The blue berry shrubs put in only for birds. We just have huge gardenssssss. Presently one of the indoor plants, I whisper , die-- to it as I pass it. It is my husband, a stupid corn plant. The others 6 can stay, as there is nice visual effect to them.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have one spider plant that my BFF gave me lol. The problem I really have is that I adopted my new cat about 6 months ago and promptly, the first thing she did, was go to town and start eating all the leaves off the plant. What a job she did, the spider plant barely survived, and now is being gradually nursed back to health, but was permanently disfigured. It's kind of cute looking though.The cat has laid off the plant finally, but the plant looks bedraggled and weird. But, oh well. The plant is still alive and is making some kind of come back anyways.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
did you check if the "spider plant" is good for her? @flyoffthe . Try to relocate the plant just in case it will harm her. On your scratching post, you can put some organic cat nip, they like that. Also in pet stores they do have a grass that you can buy for cats, it grows in a container given, suppose to be easy and they like to eat it.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Right now I don't own any indoor plants; mine all stay outside. I have a cat that likes to get into trouble and eat my plants and so it is hard to keep them around. I was informed that chilli pepper will keep her away, but I have not had a chance to test the theory yet.
With my pepper plants the cats still seem to eat leaves in early stages never seen what happens once the chili's are on the plant though

Reaction score
Country
United States
did you check if the "spider plant" is good for her? @flyoffthe . Try to relocate the plant just in case it will harm her. On your scratching post, you can put some organic cat nip, they like that. Also in pet stores they do have a grass that you can buy for cats, it grows in a container given, suppose to be easy and they like to eat it.

Well she was fine. She stopped. I have tiny place and she kept getting to it there was nowhere to put it. But it's over and she did not get sick or anything. She doesn't go near it anymore. Thanks for your concern however!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well she was fine. She stopped. I have tiny place and she kept getting to it there was nowhere to put it. But it's over and she did not get sick or anything. She doesn't go near it anymore. Thanks for your concern however!

And yes I have catnip, she does love that occasionally. She is just rambunctious and wild lol. Kind of a prankster cat.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Esther, I meant that reading the posts about indoor plants is inspiring me to try my hand at more plants. Y'all are "enabling" me to become an indoor as well as an outdoor gardener!

Ask a Question