Too Many Hoses Problem

Reaction score
Country
United States
I didn't have time to pick up my garden hoses that I had stretched out to drain. After it warmed up and we had a few good days of above freezing weather I chanced it that none would have ice inside. It takes 5 ea of 50 Ft hoses to reach my orchard trees and berry bushes, so I also have had frustrations of storing them.

Well, I finally came up with a solution that tames the hoses and keeps them on their hose supports.

In the photos you will see how I used a large washer with a small diameter hole to anchor a chain near the ceiling. I left the chain long until I could get the hoses Ty-Wrapped. I also drilled a hole in the 45 degree angle of the hose support. Before lifting the hoses to the support I cut a short piece off of a wire coat hanger and bent it like a staple. I faced the open ends away from the hoses, inserting one end of the clip into the drilled hole. Next was lifting the hoses two to each support and adjusting the top of the clip so that it just had tension on the chain, or in some cases to lift the ribbed portion of the hose support so it was horizontal. This system worked GREAT! The ty-wraps keep the hoses ends tied up and separates the two hoses on the support. As you can see in the final picture the hose organization also left enough room on the bench to store my bicycle until some nice warm Spring days when I need the potting table.
Hose_Problem_Solved.png

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12B
Country
Canada
Just a Bit of Over engineering on this. I have a 100 unkinkable hose and I just use a old hose holder nailed to side of the shed. I do not wind it up tight, It get put on in Loops, the holder (It rotates) is about 5 feet off the ground and the loops at the bottom are about 8 inches off the ground. Attached to that hose are to 50 footers, regular, like you show, hoses. I just grab It it comes off no problem.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, I already have the hoses and the Pex , from what I heard, is expensive. I'll have to check on the cost whenever I get into a hardware store again. It would be nice to not have to drag hoses around, but, I also have 2 corner marker flower beds that go the opposite ways of each other and the orchard and I use a strip on the backside of my shed for summer squash as it gets early morning sun and that is quite a distance form the faucet area too.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
I have hooks in my cellar and I just take the looped up hose, put a bungee through the eye and hang on the hooks.

I bought one of those bright green bendy (zilla? can't remember name) hoses and eventually, when my other hoses break down I will replace them these.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
in the winter we just coil them up and shove them under the deck. In the summer I have an outside loop thing to hang them on. the longest one we have are a few connected going 100 paces down to the gazebo. but it seems to rain enough that we don't need to use them too often.

Ask a Question