How Many Indoor Plants do You Have?

Reaction score
In the past I had several plants indoors. They ranged from pretty lush trailing plants (one had several branches that were at least 6 feet each) and a few trees as well as cactus, succulents and a snake plant. I kept them all for several years and then once during a move I killed almost every single one of them. I left them over night at the house we were moving out of with no heat on during the winter.... I blame that on my lapse of mind due to low energy at the time. You have no idea how badly I felt and how badly I beat myself up over that incident. It still makes me sad to think about it.

Currently I only have 2 plants. One is a trailing rope or hoya plant (they get huge) and of course some Aloe Vera. I really want to get more inside plants though. I am going to see what clipping I can get from my Mama the next time I visit her. I want to fill my home with well loved plants again.

How many plants do you have indoors?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Hmm, let me count... I have 11 miniature roses, as you all know, they're very important to me and I dream of getting even more of them:D I also have a few herbs. I wish I had more indoor plants, but unfortunately, my room is rather small:(

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
My bedroom has the most sun during the day which means all of the plants are in my bedroom which is small. I would like more plants but have no more room for them. Right now I have 5 in the room.

Reaction score
Just a tiny aloe vera plant, I used to have a lot plants indoors, but not anymore since I plan to move out soon (I hope). Once I move into my new place I plan to get several indoors plants ;) I'll be very careful with the plants I pick, because I don't want the kids or the cat/dogs end up poisoned.

Reaction score
Hmm, let me count... I have 11 miniature roses, as you all know, they're very important to me and I dream of getting even more of them:D I also have a few herbs. I wish I had more indoor plants, but unfortunately, my room is rather small:(

@claudine on day you must line up your beauties and take a picture of them. I love miniature roses myself but they never seem to thrive with me as they obviously do with you.

My bedroom has the most sun during the day which means all of the plants are in my bedroom which is small. I would like more plants but have no more room for them. Right now I have 5 in the room.

Sounds as if you have a wonderful forest in your room! I like that idea.

Just a tiny aloe vera plant, I used to have a lot plants indoors, but not anymore since I plan to move out soon (I hope). Once I move into my new place I plan to get several indoors plants ;) I'll be very careful with the plants I pick, because I don't want the kids or the cat/dogs end up poisoned.

I hope you enjoy decorating your new place immensely with lots of plants! I just have to worry about the kiddos so I can put mine up in high places and get away with it. I guess with a cat no place would really be off limits would it?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
@claudine on day you must line up your beauties and take a picture of them. I love miniature roses myself but they never seem to thrive with me as they obviously do with you.
You can find a few pictures of some of my miniature roses in the Garden Photography section:) Unfortunately, I can't take any more recent ones, because all my beauties already went dormant. Without leaves, they don't look too pretty.
When spring comes I will share more pictures with you:)

Reaction score
You can find a few pictures of some of my miniature roses in the Garden Photography section:) Unfortunately, I can't take any more recent ones, because all my beauties already went dormant. Without leaves, they don't look too pretty.
When spring comes I will share more pictures with you:)

I will make sure to go look for them. Yes it is sad to see them so in the winter but I guess everything needs some rest.

Reaction score
I hope you enjoy decorating your new place immensely with lots of plants! I just have to worry about the kiddos so I can put mine up in high places and get away with it. I guess with a cat no place would really be off limits would it?

Thanks, and yeah, lol! Cats get away with whatever they want, specially stealing my heart ;) My cat did, and that's why I still have him after catching him sleeping over my plants :D Looking forward to start a new life in Holland :) and getting new plants!

Reaction score
I believe at last count I had 30 indoor plants. They need minimal maintenance. I water them once a week. I keep them near windows, but they don't need much sun. I have Rabbit Foots, Chinese Evergreens, Spider Plants and Bromelaides to name a few.

Reaction score
Right now I just have one indoor potted palm and several outdoor plants, but I'm planning to get a peace lily and a Boston fern for my apartment eventually.
I like indoor plants, I just haven't been plant shopping in a while because of my budget.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Right now I don't own any indoor plants; mine all stay outside. I have a cat that likes to get into trouble and eat my plants and so it is hard to keep them around. I was informed that chilli pepper will keep her away, but I have not had a chance to test the theory yet.

Reaction score
I have about 8 plants indoors, but used to have 10. The other two I had seemed to die for some strange reason. It might be because of the fertilizer I used, but I'm not too sure. The other 8 I have are around the whole house and I have have two in my room. I water them about once a week, or even sooner depending on how much sunlight they get. My outside garden is much bigger than anything I've ever had before. I'm guessing there are around 30ish plants outside, which took me quite a while.

Reaction score
I have 2 spider plants, 1 I'm not sure of (lol) 2 philededroms, 2 african violets and 2 snakes plants.

Reaction score
Currently I have just 4, but I am hoping my cilantro seeds will germinate very soon, then I will have 5. Right now I have a green vine plant that I don't know the name of, but it was a gift. It doesn't wrap on anything, but some of its vines are like 10 ft long now and are sitting across my curtain rod. I also have 2 babies of this plant that I grew from a vine that got broken once. They are only about 1 ft long so far. I also have a small indoor ivy plant, also grown from a cut I got from a friend. It has developed into a big ball of ivy wrapped around a plastic plant fork.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
At the moment, I have 108 onions, 9 lettuces, 6 pak choi, and since I've yet to thin them. about 800 carrot seedlings, in my polytunnel.

Ask a Question