How Many Indoor Plants do You Have?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
That's a lot of carrot seedlings:D
Right now, I don't have any indoor plants, at least not in my room. All my lovely miniature roses will spend the winter in the attic.

Reaction score
Country
United States
My office is currently home to 5 plants, ranging from a hibiscus tree to a oregano plant and I have a tree in my living room. I like to move all of the plants indoors before the first frost and then put them back outside once the danger of frost has passed in the Spring. I love having plants in the home, they give off a certain warm feeling and add a touch of nature to any living space.

Reaction score
Country
United States
i don't have any :( I really want to get into it, but my wife usually takes over the indoor plants before I get the chance to nurse one. I really want to try my hand at a bonzai tree, of all things. I know they take a lot of attention but many people say they find a form of peace and tranquility in taking care of them. I can definitely believe that as I find that same peace in the spring/summer when I'm gardening outside.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Only six herbs or so, but I have big aspirations for the future! One day, when I move into a larger place, I hope to turn my living room into a veritable forest. One can dream, can't they? :)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
DSCN0446.JPG

Just the one, the Cactus in the background

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
I have about 6 indoor plants and the challange is window space. My goal is to grow at least 2 of my small lemon trees inside along with my avoado tree because they are truly beautiful, not to mention the scent of the lemon in the home.

Reaction score
I don't have any. All of my plants are outdoors. I use to have indoor plants but for some reason just felt it would be easier to care for them outdoors. I have heard that they oxygenate the house pretty good so I need to get some. Maybe I will do this in the near future.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
I have three indoor plants now--a Chinese Corn plant (?) and two Christmas cacti. When cool weather comes the two crotons move inside. We have so much growing and going on outside that the indoor plants sometimes get neglected. Fortunately, they are all hardy and can survive my care!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Currently, I have:
- 6 miniature roses
- two lavender plants
- an orchid
- a lot of wild strawberries:)
- two campanulas
- a miniature carnation

Reaction score
I have 4 or 5 still lying around the house, but I will have to find a home for those soon, since I'll be moving out. That is why I stopped gardening since last year, I am going to have to start over somewhere else :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I am now looking to get an aspidistra as I am trying to do my modern take on an Edwardian look in my lounge room. I have a parlour palm and a mother in laws tongue. I did kill a beautiful fern because I had it too close to the central heating vent, probably not a problem in the original Edwardian homes. I have to be wary of my open fire though..not sure where to get an aspidistra but apparently I will need to wipe it's leaves down each day to keep it looking shiny in true traditional Edwardian fashion. I may need a parlour maid:ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
I do not have any live plants in my house. I used to have some but my kids destroyed them all. I do buy fresh flowers, daily, to keep my house fresh. I do have some plastic flowers at the corners.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
Our indoor plant is the welcome plant. It has soft leaves similar to water lily. I think it is a relative of the lily. What's good in the welcome plant is that it can last for a week inside the house, and sometimes even longer. It is easy to grow like what we do with ginger - get a stem with a root and that's it. Welcome plant is the name because it is best to be placed by the doorway.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
I have two Venus Flytraps, a couple of cactus including a lovely Easter Cactus, an Aloe Vera plant (very handy in the kitchen for putting on burns! :p) and a Lucky 'Bamboo' :D They liven up the window sill and the Easter cactus is beautiful when it has its flowers on it!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I have two Venus Flytraps, a couple of cactus including a lovely Easter Cactus, an Aloe Vera plant (very handy in the kitchen for putting on burns! :p) and a Lucky 'Bamboo' :D They liven up the window sill and the Easter cactus is beautiful when it has its flowers on it!
Having an Aloe Vera in the kitchen is such a good idea.(y) I have a biggish one in the garden but I'm going to take note of your "smarts" and get one for the kitchen. Thanks elvisish.:)

Ask a Question