How Many Indoor Plants do You Have?

Reaction score
We had Snake plants and Bamboo palm plants as our indoor plants. We just put each of them in every corner of the house. This kind of plant can survive even they are not place in a direct sunlight but we see to it that once week we will put them outside the house to get a natural sunlight.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I have an aloe vera plant sitting at my desk. I keep moving so I can't have too many with me, but this aloe plant's been with me since forever.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
I am being overtaken with Christmas cacti! I have three (one on kitchen window sill, one in guest bedroom, and one in living room). All three need to be lifted and divided--again. I think a run to the local nursing home, which allows low-maintenance plants in the patients' rooms, is needed. Two crotons will be moving inside later this month
Anyone else have a jungle in the making?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
At last count I have a little over a 100 house plants. I have every thing from Orchids to Cactus most will go back out side in the spring once it starts to stay in the mid 50s at night.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
had to bring them in last night. of course after a good spraying of insect stuff. now have to arrange them through the house. one needs to be major thinning, so have pots and soil. back outside with that one today to thin it and repot it. hope to find takers for the extra. Anyone live local to me, wants a pretty dark purple leaf begonia? Live in Chester county, PA.
Also next year I will have to thin out my Queens Tears, anyone for that one.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
At last count I have a little over a 100 house plants. I have every thing from Orchids to Cactus most will go back out side in the spring once it starts to stay in the mid 50s at night.
My goodness Fernsdaddy, that's a lot of house plants. It must look very plush and luxurious in your place. How do you keep up with the watering? I try and at present have a Parlour Palm and an Apidistra which are doing okay because they are bullet proof apparently. I have a lovely pony tail but it seems to be dying. I have it outside under cover at present in the hope that it ill come good. I've fed it and have my fingers crossed.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I
had to bring them in last night. of course after a good spraying of insect stuff. now have to arrange them through the house. one needs to be major thinning, so have pots and soil. back outside with that one today to thin it and repot it. hope to find takers for the extra. Anyone live local to me, wants a pretty dark purple leaf begonia? Live in Chester county, PA.
Also next year I will have to thin out my Queens Tears, anyone for that one.[/QUOTE
I'd love a Queens Tears Esther. I'm going to keep my eyes open for one. I love the pic you posted of yours awhile ago.:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Shame you don't live closer I'd give you half of it this week.

come to think about it, have two new neighbors up the street, maybe I can give them a pot of the begonia's for their home. They are young, maybe have not gathered plants inside yet.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Esther, there are two house-warming, welcome-to-the-neighborhood gifts that are always welcome--fresh home-baked bread and house plants. Both need instructions and identifications. If you give them a card with care instructions, I'm sure they will love and treasure their begonias. Plus, you may develop new gardening neighbors!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
I have about 4 indoor plants. I love my spider plant, jade plant, bamboo and pothos. I love the pothos plant because it is so easy to grow. I don't have that great a green thumb when it comes to indoor plants. I need easy to care for plants. My house faces west and I only have one window that faces south. I love the way plants can warm up a space and make it feel homey. I also love how certain plants purify the air.

Reaction score
Country
United States
So far I have two! I am very excited to have these new additions. I am thinking of growing a few herbs in my kitchen as well, maybe some thyme, basil, or parsley. I have been successful with my succulents so far, but I wouldn't go as far as to say I have a green thumb just yet.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I keep buying new indoor plants, I can't stop myself, it's like an addiction, haha:) Currently, I have 22 of them and a lot of miniature roses:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3b
Country
Canada
I just bought a majesty palm and large sanseveria today. I split the sanse when repotting, so now it is two plants.
So, that is three new plants.

I also have....
dracaena marginata x2
false aralia x1
norfolk island pine x1
christmas cactus x1 (propogated 4 pieces from it)
Small generic palms x3
lucky bamboo x2 (one day i will have real bamboo)
Small fern x1
maple tree seedlings x about 20
hosta seedlings x about 25
baptisia seedlings xabout 15-20
sapodilla seedling x1. it has not sproted yet but it has a huge long root! i double checked before i threw it out!
Large fern x1
peperomia x3
unknown , related to pepromia 1
spider plant x2
dracaena reflexa x 1 (3 in pot)
large generic palm tree x2
banana tree x1
elephant foot palm x2orchid x1
small sanseveria x2
Mass Cane (2 in pot)
yucca cane (different from my other one, it only has foliage on the top, thick barky trunk)
schefflera x2

Small rubber tree plant x1
yucca cane (no trunk, it is all foliage dirt to top, and is about 6 feet tall)

Last edited:

Ask a Question