How Many Indoor Plants do You Have?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
100_7206.JPG
That Christmas Cactus really mixed up. And that is Twitches.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Barbados
Honestly, I do not have a single indoor plant. I like the idea of having indoor plants though. They add to the decor of any home and I always admire them when I visit homes that have these plants. I am going to have to consider getting 1 or 2 of these plants for my drawing room, to start with. I guess after this, I will get hooked on the idea and want to get a few more for other parts of the house as well.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I know this is an old thread but I wondered if @Esther Knapicius would give me a rundown on what plants you have in your sunroom? I saw your comment about if it doesn't do good or smell good it goes so I was wondering what made the cut as I am looking for sunroom flowers over here now.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
I have a tall corn plant which actually just bloomed. (its a favorite of my husband,so I can't kill it) then the Queens Tears that blooms all of January. then a Christmas Cactus -of course blooms. A big purple Oxalis . A purple geranium, it flowers later in the winter. That is about it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
So does anything bloom the rest of the year? I'd like to have at least 1 thing blooming year round.
And thank you Esther!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
So does anything bloom the rest of the year? I'd like to have at least 1 thing blooming year round.
And thank you Esther!
Nope . they all go outside on the deck or sitting around front porch steps etc. With my huge gardens everywhere about kinda does not matter to me if they bloom or not then. Not sure what that is--to bloom year round. A gardenia shrub does come to mind that it could do that, check on it. They are a little fussy. My neighbor raises Orchids, those flower often, believe she has several types, so when one is not flowering, another is.
Hope that helps.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Greece
I have twenty nine plants in pots right now, but I used to have many more a few years back. I recently began trying to green my house spaces again and I am aiming in getting more plants for various rooms. Some of the rooms are darker while others get plenty of natural light and I hope I can get some for the shady areas too.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh no! I'm sorry to hear about your plants :( I know how you feel. I moved from Canada to the USA and had to leave all of mine behind. I was 25 at the time and had grown a fair amount of them from cuttings when I was in high school. I was so upset.

A few of them survived and the year before last while visiting home I was able to get some cuttings from two of them :D

I'm slowing growing a new collection and have 20ish right now. Mostly small. I'm finding it more difficult this time around though. I have four cats who never bother the plants and I was able to place them anywhere I liked. We've added two more cats to the family about a year after moving here 7 years ago and the little jerks will eat any they can reach! I even have trouble outside with plants because of the feral colony I care for LOL

I hope you get some clippings, it's always more fun to grown them. I'll add an old pic of a few of my plants from long ago. This was shortly after I moved to this apt so the shelves are kind of a mess lol.

I grew the huge grape vine on the right from a cutting. It is one of the ones I managed to get a snip of when I went home last the little cutting is doing well :)

10400347_103954671052_6104045_n.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
The picture above. The Queens Tears. be honest, I am tired of it. its been sitting out all summer which is normal for it. and it has to be split. and then I give a way the splits. Frankly, I am just tired of doing that every year or every three years. So if anyone in my area wants the whole thing come get it. I live in Parkesburg, PA. USA. It will still be safe until halloween, when the frost hits.

Ask a Question