Hosta help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I wonder if anybody could help me identify this hosta please. I dont even remember ever purchasing it but here it is this year. The good thing is I absolutely love it but would dearly love a name for it
068.JPG
068.JPG
067.JPG
. It has a very long stem leading to a large leaf which is bluey colour with thin creamy edge. Many thanks in advance for any help. :)

NatalieW

Certified Herbalist
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
United States
Hostas can be so hard to identify, their differences can be subtle... El Nino comes to mind, but I'm not positive.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi both, thanks for the replies .... Sorry Esther it was a long shot - I am aware that there are many many hosta's - I actually exhibit them at shows so have a few myself. My problem is this one has arrived from somewhere - it is not one I have purchased and I'm at a loss where it has come from, just thought I would see if anyone had any ideas to point me in a direction, thank you for El Nino Natalie, I shall now have a look through photos and compare. :)

NatalieW

Certified Herbalist
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
United States
Hi both, thanks for the replies .... Sorry Esther it was a long shot - I am aware that there are many many hosta's - I actually exhibit them at shows so have a few myself. My problem is this one has arrived from somewhere - it is not one I have purchased and I'm at a loss where it has come from, just thought I would see if anyone had any ideas to point me in a direction, thank you for El Nino Natalie, I shall now have a look through photos and compare. :)
BTW, it is beautiful!! I love blue hostas :love:

Reaction score
Country
United States
Do you know how many types of hostas there are? And they are making more everyday.
There are so many different types of hostas my favorite one is the light color with the white stripes the darker onesci hate say are snake beds be very careful I hate them

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
There are so many different types of hostas my favorite one is the light color with the white stripes the darker onesci hate say are snake beds be very careful I hate them
Yes, @Annue ,, I know there are hundreds of types and they are making more every day. was just answering the first lady's question about "the identity" of her's . As there are so many types now, unless you keep the tag, forget it. I have about 50 varieties myself, maybe remember 5 names of them. but keep the tag near the plant is not my bag, as its extra work and have too much already to do that.

Ask a Question