What is happening to my little hosta?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I got this little Sun Mouse Hosta about a week ago. Yesterday I noticed these little spots on the leaves Please excuse the quality of the pic, my camera is throwing a wobbler, but I think you can clearly see the spots on the edges of the leaves, they're lighter spots with rust colored edging. Is this something to be concerned about, and if so, how should I treat it?

Thanks in advance for any light anybody can shed on my little problem.

Sue :)
IMG_2525.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you Esther, It isn't in sun at the moment, it's just sitting by the window on my back porch, but no sun hits it. I will try your suggestion though, Cheers! :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah Hostas are basically water gorging shade loving plants...ditto as above....
I have mine mostly around the pond in the garden and they only get on average 3-4 hours of good sun exposure per day and their huge...
But water well

Reaction score
Country
United States
The leaf spots shown in the OP look like a disease, possibly Anthracnose (Colletotrichum spp.).
At this early stage, I would be drastic. Remove all damaged leaves and mulch the soil with fresh wood chip or bark.
With any luck, you will avoid reinfection, and the new leaves will come in clean.

Ask a Question