Help with a problem

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Hahaha it's better than just laying in the hammock in the tropical sun watching everything grow.
I came from a dairy farming area and the cows were big and healthy but here i don't even know what the cows eat. I say cows but I mean cow hahaha.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1622415230032.png
1622415289915.png

I just don't know...........yet, but I will even if it harelips every cow in Texas.
We`ll be waiting :giggle:

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Wait until i get to the tomatoes haha they get to about 2 foot then wilt and die but that another story and I will get to that when and if i get some germination.

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Tetters i thought everything would grow in the tropics, the days here at always between 28C and 31C and nights around 25C but the days are only 12 hours.
I can't even get seedlings to sprout. I cant get a lettuce, capsicum, peas, beans oh the list goes on but if i want weeds they grow like you would not believe.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If you just wanted it warmer, you could have moved to Queensland. Mind you it might be difficult to get back in at the moment with this pandemic still lurking. Near Toowoomba where my son is it gets to 42C .Down in Tas (another son) it`s more like 10C I think Australia has a bit of everything good.

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Melbourne was very hot in summer and cool to cold in winter but I married a filipina woman so retired and moved here.
Queensland is full of Queenslanders and Aust is expensive. Here im near the beach its warm and it's very cheap but I had to give up a lot. I need cheese, strong tasty cheese and milk, a good Aussie sausage and steak and I miss prospecting for gold but I really need cheese.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Tetters i thought everything would grow in the tropics, the days here at always between 28C and 31C and nights around 25C but the days are only 12 hours.
I can't even get seedlings to sprout. I cant get a lettuce, capsicum, peas, beans oh the list goes on but if i want weeds they grow like you would not believe.
Well, that sounds a tad challenging.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yep, it sure does, but if he can milk the goats (the lady ones) he might be able to knock up some cheese .....he NEEDS cheese.:nailbiting:

Reaction score
Good morning, hi everyone i have a problem mainly with my chilly plants but not restricted just to them. I think it's a nutrient proble but not sure.
I live in the southern Phillippines and my soil ph is around 6.8 to 7.3. Can anyone see from my pic what it could be.View attachment 80688
Thanks.
Good morning, hi everyone i have a problem mainly with my chilly plants but not restricted just to them. I think it's a nutrient proble but not sure.
I live in the southern Phillippines and my soil ph is around 6.8 to 7.3. Can anyone see from my pic what it could be.View attachment 80688
Thanks.
Good morning, I have a citrus orchard and my trees have been struggling and the leaves resemble yours. You did not say what type of soil you have. I have heavy clay. I did a soil analysis and discovered that my PH is too high. Research indicated that I need to lower it and I have been slowing do that if you are following an organic strategy it takes time. I have also been adding a more natural ingredients to aid my overall restructuring.

So, the first thing you need to do is identify what kind of soil you have. Second, you know what your current PH level is. I think you need to lower it while adding in soil amendments along the way. I did a quick search on the net and peppers grow best in a more acidic soil than you have. Someone said around 5.5. is best. I would think perhaps you need to lower it by maybe a point. Depending on what kind of gardening you're doing will indicate how you will do it. The problem with lower the PH level is it takes time and it needs to be maintained. I've included a link that you may have missed.

Finally, have you been spraying? Looking at the pictures I think you may have leaf miners and I am not sure what else.

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Thanks for your reply, looking at my soil i have about 100-150mm of poor quality top soil and below that is a loose clay base.
My ph is between 6.8 and 7.2 and yes i agree that is slightly high and like you I am adding organic matter to the soil.
As for spraying, I am waiting on a delivery of neem oil so I can give any little buggers in the garden a treatment.
As you probably read i am in the southern Phillippines, soil testing is almost impossible and getting anything at all to help amend soil is not possible so composting is my only option and is a slow process.
My brother in law gave me some compost, hahaha it looked like poor quality dirt that was full or rocks and plastic, it looked worse than anything I can find in my ground. I asked the father in law to get me some good soil and he gave me a bag of charcoal fines, hahahaha such an interesting place to live.
I can buy most vegetables i need so I dont need to garden but its just what I like and the only hobby i have here and of course it's fun trying to work it all out. There is always bananas, weeds and bamboo, all easy to grow here, I have 2 banana trees fruiting now.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Thanks for your reply, looking at my soil i have about 100-150mm of poor quality top soil and below that is a loose clay base.
My ph is between 6.8 and 7.2 and yes i agree that is slightly high and like you I am adding organic matter to the soil.
As for spraying, I am waiting on a delivery of neem oil so I can give any little buggers in the garden a treatment.
As you probably read i am in the southern Phillippines, soil testing is almost impossible and getting anything at all to help amend soil is not possible so composting is my only option and is a slow process.
My brother in law gave me some compost, hahaha it looked like poor quality dirt that was full or rocks and plastic, it looked worse than anything I can find in my ground. I asked the father in law to get me some good soil and he gave me a bag of charcoal fines, hahahaha such an interesting place to live.
I can buy most vegetables i need so I dont need to garden but its just what I like and the only hobby i have here and of course it's fun trying to work it all out. There is always bananas, weeds and bamboo, all easy to grow here, I have 2 banana trees fruiting now.
Those charcoal fines are gold.

Ask a Question