Please, A little Help with Blueberry Plant Problem Shown in Photo

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6A or 5B
Country
United States
Good Morning Everyone and Happy Spring! I have 12 blueberry plants that I grew from seed. They have been thriving until very recently. They have been potted up throughout their life and are ready to transplant. PH is at 5. As you can see in the photo there is a brown band (almost looks like a wave on a lake from the air). The "wave starts at leaf tip and works toward the stem. Until "wave arrives, leaf is health and lush. The "wave" is brown and everything after the "wave" has passed is dull green and desiccated - completely dry. It has actually almost destroyed one plant and the mysterious (to me) "wave" are appearing on other plants. Nothing environmental has changed that I know of. No visible insects or pests. Google image searched, etc. have yielded nothing close.

Anybody out here can help?

Thank you!

Attachments

• Blueberry.jpg
    Blueberry.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 77
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6A or 5B
Country
United States
It looks similar to fertilizer burn. Google "fertilizer burn on blueberry leaf images"
Thanks Chuck! I did and it does look pretty similar. Not sure how it happened, but I will try and flush the pots. I really appreciate it. I looked and looked using various search terms and could not get anything close, image wise. Of course, I never imagined for a minute it was fertilizer. So Thanks again!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thanks Chuck! I did and it does look pretty similar. Not sure how it happened, but I will try and flush the pots. I really appreciate it. I looked and looked using various search terms and could not get anything close, image wise. Of course, I never imagined for a minute it was fertilizer. So Thanks again!
Which fertilizer did you use?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6A or 5B
Country
United States
I forget the name now as I used the last of it, but it was one of those 3 part liquids that you mix with water. It was a dilute one as it was usually used for Hydroponics gardens. Today everything was due for watering anyway, so I mixed up some 5.5PH water and gave them a good soaking. God willing they will recover. At least it is not effecting all of them but just a a few, especially one. Besides, it is basically time to transplant so I will prune them down a bit and they will get into good outdoor soil.

Ask a Question