Help!!! corded or cordless lawn mower

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
For a while I used an old fashioned push mower. As long as the blades were sharp it was really quick and gave me a workout to boot. At least here in Texas they cost significantly less than a battery and are very environmentally friendly, no emissions or electricity needed. They store really well too.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Each to their own, but there's no way I'm going to worry too much about the contribution I make to the "destruction of the enviroment," by the minimal effect my actions will make, when the Chinese are commisioning a new coal fired power station every week.

I also think it's stupid to stop using efficient new gas boilers for home heating and hot water from 2025.

Energy has to be created and it causes emmisions. Nothing will have a significant effect other than a dramatic decrease in the World's population.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 9a
Country
United States
There are several types of batteries. Some use a blister pack like in your cell phone. Those types of batteries are 3.6volts and each is about the size of a piece of paper. About .125 kwh per plate packaged 4 per cell to make 7.2-7.4 volts @ .500kwh per cell. Not bad for something paper sized about an inch and a half thick clad in aluminum. Approx 240 of those power the nissan leaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you guys so much for your help. After all, I decide to buy a cord lawn mower. I'm surfing agreenhand to find one :)). There are many types to choose. Never enough queries, right :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes I agree, in a large area or one with difficult terrain a cord will soon become a nuisance, but in smaller and easily accessible areas, the cord can be more convenient as there is never a need to wait and recharge a battery.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, I have a bumpy lawn and looking for an electric lawn mower now. If you use an electric one, please give me some review between corded and cordless. Thanks
Corded electric mowers typically cost less than cordless models because the corded model doesn’t require an expensive battery. like , a corded 2013 model 19-inch electric mower from a major outdoor equipment manufacturer costs around $270. A 19-inch cordless model with similar features from the same manufacturer costs $479, or 45 percent more than the corded model.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, I have a bumpy lawn and looking for an electric lawn mower now. If you use an electric one, please give me some review between corded and cordless. Thanks
you must have to know that, Corded mowers are limited to a distance of 100 feet from an electric outlet. If you try to run a corded mower on an extension cord longer than 100 feet, the voltage drop from electrical resistance within the cord will reduce the power available to the motor, causing it to overheat and slow down to where it can no longer cut the grass. Cordless mowers have no distance limit. You can use them anywhere on your lawn as long as the battery is charged.

Ask a Question