Bird Identification Help...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I've been having this bird visit my garden and eating various berries I have growing. It mostly sits above and just watches over the garden, but the other day two of them were chasing each other and flew very close by me and then today one was taking a bath, but as usual I didn't have my camera.

Finally got a picture of it, but kind of fuzzy, since I had to use max zoom. I can't find it in any bird ID book for birds that visit/reside in Jacksonville, Fl.

Can anyone ID?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I went back and looked at the list of birds I was looking at and there was an Eastern Bluebird (because I was wondering how I missed it)....It turns out they were showing a female Eastern Bluebird, which does not have the striking blue color as the male....

Seems like if you want to show bird ID, you'll have both pictures of males and females...:mad: Some places do and some don't....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
FinalDily found these shots I took last year, in the fall. they clean these berries out, there was about 10 birds on the bush. Today they are in the feeder out in the snow. did not mean to have a second one twice.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Eastern Bluebirds have a beautiful song... a delight to see them in the backyard & nesting in bird houses.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
The sale of these birdhouses finances the rescue house. They aren’t trying to compete with Walmart, they are trying to save injured and misplaced birds.

Also notice that if you pick up the birdhouse at their rescue facility the price is only $10.

Ask a Question