STAGHORN FERN HELP!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi there,

I've inherited two beautiful large Staghorn ferns. I've been keeping them in my garage and opening the garage doors during the day to give them indirect light. I've been watering them not more than once per week. I've suddenly noticed the shield fronds are turning black and their looks to be white web like fluff at the base of the fonds. I'm so worried as I don't want them to die. I live in Austin, TX and we have had several freezes however they have been in the garage. Thank you for your advice.

Attachments

• IMG_5147.jpg
    IMG_5147.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 340
  • IMG_5149.jpg
    IMG_5149.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_5153.jpg
    IMG_5153.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_5151.jpg
    IMG_5151.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_5145.jpeg
    IMG_5145.jpeg
    233.2 KB · Views: 192
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi there,

I've inherited two beautiful large Staghorn ferns. I've been keeping them in my garage and opening the garage doors during the day to give them indirect light. I've been watering them not more than once per week. I've suddenly noticed the shield fronds are turning black and their looks to be white web like fluff at the base of the fonds. I'm so worried as I don't want them to die. I live in Austin, TX and we have had several freezes however they have been in the garage. Thank you for your advice.

Staghorn Fern (Platycerium Bifurcatum) Indoor Care Guide​

Have a look at this article it will guide you how to take care of your plant. i hope this will help you.
Here is a link

Also here is the video link

Ask a Question