Heat Pads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Some things do better with it, some don't mind, and some, like beans need that initial burst to germinate, but will then grow on in cooler conditions quite happily. I usually take things off as soon as they start to show. by keeping plantings down to a few seeds and containers small I can then plant another lot for successional growing. Mind, I guess you might want bigger numbers for commercial use, I am only growing for the house.
I reckon onions, leeks, and most brassicas will be fine just in the greenhouse, maybe aubergines. Tomatoes and chili I would put on the pad.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thinking about this I remembered, the other thing I have done is pile the trays of seeds up and put a bit of bubblewrap over the lot. The top ones may not get as warm, but they are warmer than otherwise. Of course you have to check for sprouting regularly, nothing wants to try and reach the light from under another tray, but it can get them started.

Reaction score
Country
United States
They said put Saran Wrap over the Tray but that is a pain.

Bubble Wrap sounds better.

I'm looking at my set up if I move my Pots up high I can move my Seedlings down about waist high.

big rockpile

Ask a Question