Has anyone played the garden simulator game?

Reaction score
I like games that are more of a simulation-type and decided to see if there was something for gardening. Sure enough, there is.

It was tough trying to find a Youtube demo that was done by a teenager, but here's one that okay. There's one catch, though. It's in French! :) But you still get the idea of what it's all about.

Does this have any real value? Maybe during the long winter months it can be a source of some entertainment?

Reaction score
LOL.. I might as well do the real thing. But, I am not too much of a gamer. I like to keep myself busy with real jobs. I haven't played any games recently. I don't think I will unless I am totally bored.. even then maybe not.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Lol, I like computer games but I'm sure that real gardening is better:p
I used to play My Farm Life a few months ago though and I must say it was quite addicting. Fortunately not as much as taking care of real plants:D

Reaction score
I really wish someone would come out with a true simulator for gardening and growing food, more for educational purposes. Imagine being able to simulate growing plants to learn and make all of your mistakes within the simulation before investing money in the real world.

A simulator could use online weather station data (microsoft flight simulator does this) to add in the effects of real-time conditions on your simulated plants. The amount of sunlight received (based on your GPS location, etc.) would play a factor in the health of the plants. This has probably already been done, it just would be in the game category.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
I haven't seen this one before, though did enjoy SimFarm back in the day. I reckon I'm too busy with other things to grow a virtual garden these days, but it does look like an interesting app. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
I have never been one for playing the online games either, but I do like to spend time in the winter learning abut new gardening techniques, even if we can't use them until spring comes along and gardening season begins again. One of my favorite websites is called "Eat the Weeds", and I like to watch the videos about the different edible plants, that are on YouTube . I also look up just about any question that I have regarding planting or growing any kind of fruit and vegetable, and someone has always made a great video about how to do whatever it is I am looking for.
Another thing I do in the winter, is read, and I am getting a good library from the Amazon free books. You just need an amazon account, and a kindle or an app for one. Every day, Amazon has books for free, you just type in the subject (gardening), and then search by price, and all the free ones come up first. They change every day, so check often.

Reaction score
Another thing I do in the winter, is read, and I am getting a good library from the Amazon free books. You just need an amazon account, and a kindle or an app for one. Every day, Amazon has books for free, you just type in the subject (gardening), and then search by price, and all the free ones come up first. They change every day, so check often.

I'll look into this. I hope they aren't the same free books available from the Gutenberg project (out-of-copyright publications).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
The amazon free books are different. They have books that cost, on free for one day, and change books every day. I just got one on benefits of apple cider vinegar that usually sells for $14.99, and today is free. Tomorrow it will cost again. There are all kinds of books, you type in the topic, and sort by price, then you will get the free books first, then the 99cent ones, and so on. Check often, and you will soon have a gardening library.

Reaction score
Interesting! Honestly the most I've done is to work on my garden in The Sims as a part of creating my entire home - but this is more landscaping than specifically gardening. I do watch shows and documentaries about gardening and plants, though. I'm a sucker for those super close-up shots and timelapse videos of plants growing and changing!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
I just love all the wonderful planting and gardening videos on YouTube. If you want to know how to sprout a mango seed, or how to make a woven border around your raised bed, or a kids playhouse out of sunflowers, it is all right there on YouTube. I was even looking at one that tells how to make fake tombstones from styrofoam to decorate your yard for Halloween. I really don't want tombstones in my yard, but the idea could be adapted to anything you wanted to look like weather worn marble.

Reaction score
This looks very interesting, hopefully we'll see more of this type of game, since the bigger farming simulators seem to be quite popular.
Something like this could be very educational and could even be used in schools to foster interest in gardening from a young age.

Reaction score
interesting. you might want to check out harvest moon - back to nature on ps one :) old game but it is the reason why i am planting now

Reaction score
Interesting to know that they have gardening simulation game. Well, nothing beats the real gardening experience. I like to go out in the garden to get myself dirty and breathe the fresh air under the sun.:)

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am not a gamer, they just do not interest me. I do like to watch the shows on landscaping and caring for your plants or yard. I like being in the yard doing the work and seeing the results.

Reaction score
It's the first i am actually seeing this game...if i should think i guess the only game i've ever played that have anything to do with farm was Farmville and i'm telling you i was so hooked.

Ask a Question