Has anyone used vinyl fabric for GH roofing?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all. Building a smallish spontaneous greenhouse/wife retreat. Will paint roof supports white. Was planning on using corrugated polycarb but price and corrugated look making me think otherwise. Wondering how clear marine vinyl would work for 4 or 5 years. Any experience out there?
20180612_113601.jpg
20180612_113534.jpg

Gardening Girl

This is my garden several years back.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Make sure it is UV protected or it won't last much more than a year. Actually I believe after searching for clear marine vinyl that this is very similar to a product that I sell which is used for display greenhouses for a clear view. In fact, I am 95 % sure that it is the exact same product. I have also had customers use this to close up screen rooms in the winter to bring some plants in. So, I would say that it would be a good option. But, from my experience it is much more expensive than 6 mil, 4 year UV protected polyfilm, so not sure why you wouldn't go with that as you mentioned pricing. Maybe you want the clear view.

Ask a Question