Gutter gardens

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Loved the pictures of all of the gutter gardens. I like the one on the side of the house. If I had a shed I think I would use something like that to give the shed some character. I would not let plants grow in gutters attached to the house due to the water drainage that would cause a problem in the house.

Reaction score
*swoons* these are absolutely lovely. I think I will consider having these in addition to a traditional garden.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Gutters can also be attached to a fence, I think it can be a nice idea:

Finished-gutter-planters-1024x682.jpg

And this is how you can use gutters inside the house, I think it's a perfect idea if you don't have enough window sills:p:

Gutter-Garden-2.jpg

Reaction score
I hadn't seen that before.

I think the only reason I like that picture is because of the ivy/climbing plants. I think if there weren't a lot of green around the gutter already, the pots would look sorta weird.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Maybe...in my opinion climbing plants can make everything look more beautiful, I just love climbing plants - the more of them, the better:D
Here is a lovely picture of little flowers growing in a gutter:

Recently-Updated2-1024x640.jpg

Reaction score
Call me inspired! Wow. Really. Now I plan to have some of my own pictures to share after seeing this! Very impressive.

Reaction score
I love gutter gardens. Great way to maximize your space if you don't have a lot of space for planting a huge garden. I kind of classify it as a aspect of container gardening when I think of it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
I really like the gutter garden idea, and I found an old one laying out in the are behind our trailer, so I think we will put it up either on the porch or the outside of the deck, and then plant my lettuce and greens in it. I am hoping to have them in partial shade, so maybe they will grow longer before bolting in the heat. I love the windy one, and I think it could be made from oversize dryer vent hose, and then covered with something to make it colorful if desired. But the plants would hide it, even if it were left plain.

Ask a Question