Growing your indoor plants in water

Reaction score
Country
United States
Those tulips are beautiful! I personally grow my bamboo plant in a vase of water. I has a few rocks at the bottom but the vase is mostly full of the bamboo's roots, rocks and water. The vase doesn't look as pretty as other plants but I find my bamboo plant grows very fast when it is planted like this.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
The display is really pretty..I had no idea you could grow plants in wine glasses or cups in general...very nice decorating idea! Love it!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I know I grow bamboo in water. It seems to always need watering and grow pretty fast.
I've also always wanted to try growing tulips in water. I've seen it on pintrest and in magazines but I always thought it was too hard to do. However, a lot of people on this site seem to have done it or know someone who does. I think tulips brighten up any room.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Thanks Claudine. Yes the pothos is indeed very healthy and growing really well. I am happy with it. The ivy on the other hand has been slow.. the orchid is generally slow.. so I don't expect much from it but to stay fresh and grow a bit.. Hopefully I will have some flowers sometime. It has these lovely pink flowers with a cross on top of it.
Now, I have added some arrow head plants arowhead plants, Cyperus alternifolius and some spider plants. Let me see how they grow. I am currently not investing much in glass containers.. once they grow well I might think of getting some really good looking vases for my plants. :)

I love the way your orchid is growing in water, Your orchid is a epidendrums reed stem or a poor mans orchid, I have them growing in a very large pot and also in a hanging basket with a little moss just to hold them in place, they come in many colors and are one of the easiest orchids to grow.

Ask a Question