Good winter listening.......

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
This record was played eight years ago in a film on TV called "Adventureland," which was only a few years old. I've always liked it and I hadn't heard it for some time. I presumed it would have only been available on CD, but as it's from 1986, I was able to buy a mint copy on eBay of a 7" single for a couple of quid. It plays well in one of my two vinyl jukeboxes.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 7/RHS H5
Country
United Kingdom
Seen prince sing that live...I sobbed xx
I loved that video of the rehearsal out-takes. It just looked like they were having fun!

I went to see Underworld a few weeks ago. You know that you're getting old when over half the audience for a cutting edge dance act are wrinklies!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I love some of the classic standards, especially when they are performed by jazz musicians, I've this tune recorded by about a dozen diffeerent artists.
There's fifty years between these two recordings, just a couple of those I have.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
No idea,depends on the weather
Country
United Kingdom
I loved that video of the rehearsal out-takes. It just looked like they were having fun!

I went to see Underworld a few weeks ago. You know that you're getting old when over half the audience for a cutting edge dance act are wrinklies!

Another great tune that matures with age :) ..They are on my bucket list to see keith x

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Here's that song I for which I was setting the registrations, in a photo of the screen on my keyboard in a previous post
I had to check the video on YouTube as didn't really know the tune. I was amazed that the original had had over two and a half billion hits.
Needs a bit of work.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 7/RHS H5
Country
United Kingdom
Let down is one of the most underrated tracks by Radiohead..................

At 3.41 it becomes positively joyous as the music and Thom Yorkes vocals open up.

Radiohead claim to hate Creep but when they do play it live it remains the out and out crowd pleaser. I was at their homecoming concert in Oxfords South Park when the rain got into the electrics of some of their kit during the encore. So, for the first time in years, they resorted to Creep. One of the most epic moments in all of the gigs that I've been to over the years. Warning - this live video does contain a couple of naughty words...................

A Radiohead cover of a song written by Joy Division (just before Ian Curtis committed suicide) and released by New Order as their first single................

Talking of New Order here's a clip of a BBC session that they did way back when. They were hugely hungover and whilst this performance teetered on the edge of shambolic it thankfully remains brilliant!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
This record was played eight years ago in a film on TV called "Adventureland," which was only a few years old. I've always liked it and I hadn't heard it for some time. I presumed it would have only been available on CD, but as it's from 1986, I was able to buy a mint copy on eBay of a 7" single for a couple of quid. It plays well in one of my two vinyl jukeboxes.

That was also used in Stephen King's "The Stand" after a virus had killed 98% of the population :eek:

Ask a Question