Gardening From A Wheelchair?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just about down as I can get. Considering getting a Wheelchair, it would have to be motorized because I only have use of one Arm.

Just wondering if anyone here Gardens from a Wheelchair?

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1687553508846.png
This is Sue Kent. She is a Thalidomide baby and is always smiling. She landed herself with her lovely positive attitude a job on ''Gardeners World'' on our TV. She gardens with her feet, and doesn't let anything beat her. She uses her mouth to paint - I watched her some time ago on Youtube painting a white line on the edge of concrete steps that would show up in the dark.
I know of others who garden from wheelchairs, and there are special tools you can get to make things a bit easier. Have a go, and let us know how you get on. Best of luck to you. Cheer up :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
I told my wife she was going to have to get a bigger Vehicle if I got a Motorized ones.

Nope just leave the Motorized here get one to put in the car.

You do know you will have to push me. I thought about it for a minute. Well at least when you park me in the store and tell me to stay there. I will be going in a circle.

I really depend on others. Interesting go to something and find you really need two hands.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well I hate to hear that. Seems like you have positve or humorous attitude so keep that about you and things will be better than worser.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Mate, you cannot change what is already done. I have known two people that come to mind who have lost one arm. The first one was an Australian lady many years ago - a positive sort! She taught herself to hang the family washing out on the line - from socks to sheets. She developed a technique that was something to witness and I was in awe of her skill.
The other one was a man living locally who opened a shop, fitted it out and filled it with stock. He did very well running the place solo, and seemed to have a huge amount of strength in the remaining arm.
Maybe when things get bad, we need to find and use lots of sheer determination. Giving up can't be an option.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well sleep the next day. Coons didn't bother my Chickens.

Feeling better but my left side is still hurting. So in a way going to take it easy.

My problem is I have been taking the easy. Always have someone else to do it. At work believe it or not I'm Safety and Logistics Chief. I told my Boss I go to strap down a load everyone what's to help. But I can no longer drive so that don't matter. Supposed to make sure Equipment is kept up and ready. Safety issues I say something it no longer matters.

Anyway I told my Boss to reconsider. He said let the young folks do it you Supervise.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well totally messed up I passed out taking care of our Chickens and fell. I hurt very bad trying to walk .

Now have Fungus Gnats on few of my plants.

I put Apple Cider Vinegar mix with water and Dawn. Killing a few. Just put down Diatomaceous Earth for now.

Waiting on Peroxide Mix it and put it around my plants and I was told to go ahead and spray with it.

Bad thing is I'm the only one seeing the problem.

big rockpile

Ask a Question