Alaska gardening

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ak gardening for us anyhows. We're building a new home to so kinda busy. The last of the snow piles are melting but still keep beverages cool. The tomatoes are 2' plus and getting fruit. We bought these after I left ours out and they got nipped by frost. Grandkids got some peas n bean seeds planted in starter flats. Pickles are doing great and squash starts. Zucchini. Beautiful
Now I need to move an 8x8 greenhouse to the new home. Glad it's next door. Also need to move 3 raised beds.
We also raise meat rabbits so have manure. I prefer to mulch the bedding that falls through, as it soaks up the urine. It comes out looking like a fine topsoil instead of rabbit turds. And as it's already mulched it will break down faster.
I'm going to try some pickles outside in mounds and compare how they do with the greenhouse.
Crazy busy especially while building. But the landscaping has to be considered along with the house. A site plan per say.
Hey I love it, been drawn to gardening since I was pretty young. So kinda can't help myself.
Now what happens fairly often is the moose will find the cabbage and beans and have a real nice supper. It comes with the turf

Reaction score
Country
Canada
What kind of rabbits? Years ago I got some Flemish Giants to grow for meat. Got a bit too attached to them and couldn't go through with it so they became pets lol

Reaction score
Country
United States
We have 1 buck but looking for a bloodline change and a backup. And 4 does
We are linebreeding now but started with a Californian buck and 3 New Zealand black does.
We are linebreeding for a blue or lilock colored strain of Californian/ New Zealand.
And we like the thought of providing hormone n steroid free protein to us and our family. We also homeschool so animal husbandry and gardening is an important part of our coriculum.

Ask a Question