Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Wow :)

What a place :)

Is it true that the Russians sold Alaska to the States for a fiver?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Beautiful photos! Looks like you had a great time and were busy seeing so many different things!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Wow :)

What a place :)

Is it true that the Russians sold Alaska to the States for a fiver?
It was not exactly 5, if you look it up you can get the exact number, I think it was about 8 thousand dollars, or something, but back then its all relative to the cost today. Yes, it was a wonderful experience.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
Gee, so nice photos, awesome. I'm speechless and I'm sure my husband would appreciate your pictures because he is interested in Alaska since he was a boy. If only we have the money maybe we would be going to Alaska for a tour just so my husband would see the ice and snow and prairie during summer. Is that photo of the bear shot in the wilderness? A great photo you have there.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Beautiful! (y) I hope you didn't have to get too close to that bear to get the photos! :D

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Beautiful pictures, I thought the same about the bears. Thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
I was as close to the bear as a quarter of a football field. Was in a group. The bear is more interested in the salmon to catch and eat near him than the group. He caught his salmon and walked back into the woods. He did know we were there, of course, but again we were not his interest, as we were very quiet, and the group size helps.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Gee, so nice photos, awesome. I'm speechless and I'm sure my husband would appreciate your pictures because he is interested in Alaska since he was a boy. If only we have the money maybe we would be going to Alaska for a tour just so my husband would see the ice and snow and prairie during summer. Is that photo of the bear shot in the wilderness? A great photo you have there.
Corzhen, I also wanted to go for ages. My husband has never cared to go. So I went by myself. And paid only half the fare, as I opened myself up to be a roommate . Got a nice roommate, who herself had always wanted to go and her husband did not either. The "WE" in your statement does not have to be for cost, if he wanted to so much for so long to go, that is a way. The fares listed are for a couple, you have to inquire how much for single and offer the roommate situation. He should go, before its too late. That is how I felt, before I could not walk, before I could not climb in and out of the Zodiac to explore the islands, and travel in the small areas and see what I saw. Age creeps up quickly and sometime the inability to do certain things. Check out the Linbland/National Geographic, which is a small boat, it houses only 55 guests. There are other small boats that do almost the same, but with the one I was on you get staff with Doctor degrees teaching you stuff and explaining to you what your seeing, like a teaching trip also. Many cruise lines have the extras you have to sign up for, on this cruise line it was all included in the price. (except for booz). And this is the only cruise line I ever wanted to use for this trip for the last 20 years. By the way my roommate was wonderful, we are good friends now, just wished she lived closer, she lives in Texus. At least we have facebook.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
@Esther Knapicius, I am currently checking on that Linbland cruise you mentioned because I'm sure my husband would love it. However, the trip cost is so expensive for us. That $4,500 is already a fortune and not to mention that there are 2 of us who would going. Gee, maybe I would have to buy lotto tickets first, hahahaaa. Thanks for the information about that cruise, that will be in our future trip notes.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
@Esther Knapicius, I am currently checking on that Linbland cruise you mentioned because I'm sure my husband would love it. However, the trip cost is so expensive for us. That $4,500 is already a fortune and not to mention that there are 2 of us who would going. Gee, maybe I would have to buy lotto tickets first, hahahaaa. Thanks for the information about that cruise, that will be in our future trip notes.
really that is the cost. are you sure your reading that right? mine was more than that, but I did get the top floor and a middle status room. keep in mind that the cost includes all the off boat trips. I am told with other large boat cruises, they add all the other extras, where in this one there is no extra. Ages ago, when I discovered this cruise, it cost less, the prices keeps going up yearly (just saying)

Reaction score
Amazing wildlife! Look at those beautiful eagles and that bear! Weren't you a bit nervous to be that close from a bear? Being in the mere presence of a bear would make me shake :oops: Such a beautiful shot :) Truly majestic! But tell me, is it true people in Alaska can already see the effects of climate change? Those mountains don't seem to have that much ice left anymore... I remember Alaska to look a bit more different back in the 90's (pictures).

Ask a Question