New Gardening Ideas - Your help is needed (and Appreciated)

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hello all,
My name Is Bilal. I'm a Mechanical Engineer. like everybody else, in order to take care of my plants and garden, I installed drip irrigation for my trees and plants. and to upgrade the looks I installed outdoor lighting.
I noticed that using a simple irrigation controller is not effective... it wastes too much water.

so I had an Idea to develop a product that "Personalizes Plant Care"... a simple yet smart system that has simple sensors and connected to water supply can take care of each planter/Pot separately and flows water only when needed according to the sensor readings.

I'd appreciate your help by answering few simple questions for me to know if I'm on the right track to bring something new to gardening world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
Country
United States
By training I am and Electrical Engineer and by trade I'm a Controls Automation Engineer, but I've never tried to automate my garden.

There is a thread from a few years ago where we were talking about soil moisture meters. Soil- Electrical-Conductivity-Meters

There is a lot of variables that play into measuring soil moisture so calibration to each site, or even parts of each site will be a big hurdle.

Ask a Question